The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at three different setups, one is the power sweep which is about 250gph, the hagen aquaclear powerheads at 250gph, or the maxijet wave system with three 160gph heads. I have a 46gallon bow front oceanic tank. my dilemma is this
power sweeps, no reverse flow, is that important?
The hagen has reverse flow, and is more expensive, (im adding these little hydor things that spin with the Water pressure)
the maxijet wavemaker system has a timer

is the reverse flow worth it??
Tony

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
the power sweeps are junk, they will stop working in a few months.

the hydors are a pain also. i have 2 on my tank, and they will stop spinning, and 99% of the time they stop spinning is my nassarius snails get in there and the hydor can not spin.

just my 2 cents.

i would look into something different if it was me

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
I have a MJ 1200 w/ the hydor flo on it, and I also have a SEIO 620 in my 55gallon tank. I have had good luck w/ the hydor, but like stated a snail can stop it. It's only happened once to me so far though, you still get flow though but not rotating.

I REALLY like the SEIO pump though, and at times I wish I had two of them instead....I did a quick easy mod and mine is mounted Tunze style w/ a hanging bracket (no suction cups) and it works out great.

Out of what you listed, the MJs would be my choice.....but take a look at the SEIOs before you buy anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts