The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Has anyone used this? and is it worth the $12-$15? or is it a gimmick and a piece of junk?

Product Description:
Create a beneficial wave effect for plants and invertebrates with the Hydor Flo Rotating Water Deflector. This inexpensive wavemaker easily attaches to most powerheads or water outlets. 360° rotation is powered by the water flow of your pump, filter or powerhead. Min-max waterflow required gph 80/310. PUMP NOT INCLUDED

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
they work good for the cost . they will jamb easily if sand gets stirred up . i've had one that is over a year old and still works and i have had others that lasted only 3-6 months .

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANOTHER QUESTION:

if I were to buy one of these and also buy a brandnew powerhead and set the powerhead EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE of my 75gal tank (48in wide x 21in high x 18in deep).......

.....what SIZE powerhead should I get??

250-300GPH??
200-250GPH??
150-200GPH??

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
yellow submarine said:
ANOTHER QUESTION:

if I were to buy one of these and also buy a brandnew powerhead and set the powerhead EXACTLY IN THE MIDDLE of my 75gal tank (48in wide x 21in high x 18in deep).......

.....what SIZE powerhead should I get??

250-300GPH??
200-250GPH??
150-200GPH?? [/quo to make it worth while you need to put in at least 4 of them in your 75 , with nothing less than a m.j. 1200 . you might want to add up the total cost to see whether or not you would be better off with some other option . on a m.j. 1200 i would say coverage is maybe one cubic foot .

·
Registered
299 Posts
I used 2 of them in my 180 with RIO 600's 200 GPH, did really well, would have been better with bigger PH. The snails liked to crawl on them and do circles all night as it's a party in my tank all the time. :banana:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use these in my 55. I have them attached to MJ 1200's and they seem to work OK. They will lower the output from your PH a little bit which may or may not be good for you. However, they do create nice small circular currents. Be careful, though bcuz I think 320 gph is the maximum they will run before they will break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts