The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help on this? was going to buy my fiancee a waterproof digital camera to take to beach or when we snorkle and to stick in my tank. most say waterproof up to 10ft. few on ebay for around 40-60 and i say one at walmart for 60 or so. can anyone tell me if this is legit? i researched a bit and did find a bunch of bad reviews so made me nervous. Anybody had any experience with waterproof digital cameras?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I really don't trust the seals on a camera more then 20 feet. IMO its a lot better to get a housing for a good camera. now a nice point and shoot camera safe for surfing, pool, snorkeling, or even in the tank, is a good thing to have around. and I'm looking at the Fuji film myself.
I've taken mine snorkeling in Hawaii and the Bahamas. I typically make free dives of 15-25 feet to take pictures. The camera worked great. it is water proof down to at least 30 feet. I've had it in the water for periods exceeding 60 minutes.

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
when I snorkel I mostly just go down to when my ears have pressure, right before they need adjusting.

I do this, because I have been known to go go go all the way down (mostly after a fish) and start running out of air, then find out Its a LONG way up! I loose all sense of time when I'm in a "nice/clear" body of water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts