The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tested my water, and i do not like how 2 of the readings came out. The ones i am concerned about are pH and my alk.

The readings are:

pH 8.4 - 8.5
alk 3.0 meq/l

does this right to you guys?

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to add my ca reading which is 430ppm. all these tests were done with Salifert kits. The only other reading that can effect the pH reading would be magnesium which i did not test for.

but from my results may Alk reading is normal at 3 meq/l. My Ca reading is normal at 430ppm. But dang why is my pH so high? the only thing i changed since i last tested was adding cheato, and i lower the temp of the tank down from 80 - 82 to 77 - 79. Would the lower temp make the pH rise? Could this be it also, i lowered the temp by buying a small clip on fan that is clipped to the rim of the tank blowing across the water surface, which is give me more of a ripple effect now. And i know this can cause the pH to change. is this pH reading bad? as long as it doesnt flux to much i wont worry about it. i did check it in the middle of the light cycle for the day, i will check it again b4 i goto bed, and then when i get up in the morning and then average the 3 and lets hope it dont flux too much

1 - 2 of 2 Posts