The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY to All!

Temps slipping above fridgit for a few days here, so heading out on the creek between ice flows for a few hours. Sure I'd rather be home nice n warm with really cool people, and the biggest decision is whether I want to turn left of right when I get close to a wall.....BUT.....

Got up a little early....well a LOT EARLY again.....4:00a Nothing to do with heading out today, just a messed up internal clock I guess.

Coffee is on, and thinking more Cream of Wheat won't hurt anything, and a Cinnamon roll to hold me off till the next time I eat.

High hopes for something really groovy for All,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK Rick, and anyone else who got to see it over on OneFora........the suggestion of a 'monthly virtual MEET n GREET'......a sit around the living room with feet cocked up and a preferred beverage chatting about anything besides 'forum work'.
Most of us would love to be close enough to smell the aftershave as we reach for the pulled pork sandwich, as we gather round the bonfire and listen to some 6 string.......BUT probably ain't going to happen.

Don't know about Y'All but I'd get a kick outa seeing Doug with short hair, Perry in fancy duds, Jeff getting his nose bit in his aviary, and Cath serenading us.....Just a though, but a knee jerk COOL ONE! :unsure: :cool:
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
661 Posts
Mornin Hack & TRT. Is it blow the silt out of the marina time or are you just getting some floating in to keep your sea legs in shape?

I saw the idea of a meeting being tossed around at OneFora. It would be fun to be able to chat and goof off for a while. I think Cricket is doing another training session tomorrow as well.

Have a great day everyone.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top of the morning Rick! PROBABLY going to be dedicated to 'blowing out slips' today.....MAYBE! Still says 20 F out there......not really giving me that 'warm fuzzy' feeling yet about playing in the water.

Seems a few of us will be going in on Cricket - TV tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the evening session myself.
Hack

·
Registered
661 Posts
I wonder if Cricket would let us stay after class and have an inaugural hang out session? I should suggest that to her.

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and Cream of Wheat, Hack. Hot chocolate would be good, too. FWIW, I think you should wait until it’s well above freezing to go to the creek. After all, what would you be thinking if it were the regular schedule and your boss did not call you to stay home?

As for the meeting with Cricket tomorrow, the day shift is the only one I can attend,:(

Yesterday there was a snowflake for predicted weather on Sunday. Today it shows a wintry mix. Bring back the snowflake prediction!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Cath! SNOW FLAKE SNOW FLAKE SNOW FLAKE......SNOW is dangerous nous....people realize it, well, some. BUT 'WINTERY MIX' snow, ice, freezing rain....most people don't seem to grasp THAT.....DANGEROUS!

It's looking like it's split pretty 50/50 Cath as far as the schedule for the MEET tomorrow, since it involves folks from all over the world. I may/may not be available for the day shift tomorrow......stronger likelihood of evening shift....BUT stranger things have happened in my life.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,668 Posts
Morning gang, sorry I missed yesterday, I had to go in early, opened store cause I missed messenger text asking me to cover for gal who usually opens now. Didn't get text till after 7 am while I was dealing with rumble gut. Anyway sounds like you all had a busy day..
Cath hope your exposture is not bad, both my son and daughter tested pos but neither are symptomatic. I don't trust the tests unless you get sick. At Fire station we experimented with home tests governor is pushing, lot of pos from people who weren't sick and tested neg using real lab tests.
Went to bed early last night, long day, so I woke up early dealing with nightmares that set off anxiety attack. Fortunatly it has calmed down. Hot coffee and cocoa with sour dough toast up for grabs here
5 am temp was 39 heading to mid 50s so I better find sandels ;)
Hack shoot me an email re: video chat. I need to get back into groove here

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Good morning all,

another pot of coffee.

i Will be doing the evening session unless something comes up,

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Morning all,
Hack, sorry to sour your hoping I got my snozz nipped, haha. No plans of that, but currently in the boid room and Molly is amped up as usual from getting spring from her cage and is extra rambunctious, so no promises, heheh.
New, larger , and more human and conure friendly ( ok, more for me) cage showing up via FedEx today. Requires “adult signature/ID” ,,, hope I qualify 😂. Just means I gotta hang around the house to accept/sigh off when it shows up, since FedEx does not do “tracking” on deliveries. Will put on some shop time so the dawgs won’t go barky if the guy knocks on the door.

heat wave today, a whole 37 said to happen. Works for me since there is some ice on the driveway that needs gone😡. $30 worth of rock salt barely dented the ice flume. Might try the Deere’s bucket to chop stuff up to help things.

CR-V’s battery was dead yesterday morning when I planned using it to take GSD King to the vet ( his prev.mode of transport, and was not sure he’d be ok in the back seat of the truck) so, it was the truck or nuttin’, other than a lil bit of assist at the end of King getting in the back seat it went well . Took battery out and charged it, said it was charged/ok last nite. Will put it back in and cross fingers .

Taking a longer time to type all this out, had to set the phone down to accommodate Molly since she comes down/over from her tree stand and demanding to be with me,, a few head n neck scratches and put her back up,,, been a cycle of about 6 times so far, haha.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Registered
661 Posts
Holy Macaroni today is going by slow! I have been here for a week since this morning.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Afternoon all,

Putting in some shop time , clean up and put stuff where it belongs. I’ve joked to friends that IF I ever got all my “stuff” in order , all nice n neat, I’d fall over beating my last breath, at this rate I’m gonna live forever , heheh🤞🏻😂. Some done, always more to do.
Since temps are up from the recent single/teens numbers, I brought out the big Deere and took down the driveway luge track. Ice busted up nicely so currently no concerns about traction ( or lack of it) traversing up or down the incline to the road .

Put the slow , overnite’d charged battery back in the CR-V, fired to life again( and found out the reason the better went dead was that “someone”🙄 left ( or hit the stalk switch) the parking lights on last time it was used. Since the battery was out I had to look up the radio’s special code to make it operational, thanks to the dealer who placed a card with the code in my owners packet.

Since I have Motor Trend + , and that Mecum collector car auctions moved to it starting today, there is a toasty warm feeling Fla. auction streaming now to have background noise( and prob way too many sitdown breaks to watch a few vehicles go across the auction block🤫) C’mon Powerball🤞🏻, Jeff wants some more collector cars to enjoy here , haha.

Still no FedEx showing up, waiting on a new cage for the sun conures ( Prime)AND a big bucket of dawg safe de-icer(Chewy) proper dog safe deicer is scarce in my parts( or crazy $$ online for a small jug) so Chewy was the choice.

Dunno if I mentioned this already , but Doxie Dexter saw the vet the other day, she checked out the lump he had on his back/side. Had gotten larger since last year’s visit . She aspirated it and feels it might be a mast cell tumor😳😖. Biopsy got sent out and will know in a week. Either way it’ll get removed, and Dex is on Benadryl to help shrink the now aggravated lump ( histamine related so fussing with it make it angry and got even larger). Fingers crossed and prayers sent upward that it is not a cancerous mast tumor and/or not going to lessen Dex’s time here.

Back to “work” ,,,

Carry on TRTrs!

• Wow
Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Jeff you really can’t beat Chewy for a lot of stuff. They are great with replacing stuff damaged during shipping. I order my salt from them , free shipping

·
Registered
661 Posts
Wise advice. I'm gonna be under the headphones when I get home shortly Vinnie.

Jeff, when Powerball hits for you what would you buy?

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Jeff - Sorry to hear about Dexter having a big lump on his hind quarters. 😟 I hope and pray for the best for him and for you!

Looks like we might have a humdinger snowstorm on Sunday. Snow and wintry mix combined. We could get 6 to 8 inches. The weather report on media says this, and a friend who has a reliable knee that goes out when snow is predicted up to 60 miles away. His knee does not react to ice storms or rain, just snow. If we do, and church is canceled, I make pancakes to share with all of you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts