The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I tore down my 55 gallon and decided I'd use it to mix salt for my 30 and 125's water changes...

The tank was completely empty so I hooked up the python and started filling er up... Dumped in a bunch of salt, and started cleaning a filter from the 125.... Of course my short term memory decides to fail me and yep, you got it..... OVERFLOW....

I heard the watter splashing and wondered to myself, WTF... then I remembered I had started filling the tank... I dropped the filter in the sink and ran for the faucet in the bathroom... The floor in the kitchen was wet, so in typical Marine style, I decided to hit the deck and do a push up before I ran off.... I got to the bathroom and hit the switch on the python from fill mode to suction mode.... Not before I had about 10 gallons of water on the living room carpet...... :rolleyes:

My wife is gonna love comming home to that...

Hurry, think of a way I can blame it on the cats.... :idea:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I was going to say "Well Hon there was a knock at the door and a naked lady with big --------------------------:eek: but decided you wanted to live to see another day and that's iffy at best!! Big help right?!!:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Honey, you would't believe what happened today, funniest thing you've ever seen! I mean this is America's funniest pet material! I was working on the tank when the cat jumped up on the edge and sat there watching me. It was kind of cool, he/she was watching the fish swim back and forth and was content as could be. I went to the linen closet to grab a towel, when I heard the cat calling out like the devil himself. Rushed back to the tank and the dang thing had fallen in and was splashing water everywhere! I wished I'd had the video camera available so you could have seen it! By the way do you know where the camera is?

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
I dont know, if she hasn't figured out your weakness or click mechanism by now, any lame excuse ought to work ;)

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shhhhhh..... we're not supposed to talk about triggers, weaknesses or click mechanism's... ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,400 Posts
BH,,,,you do know a wet/dry vac is standard equipment for any reefer? plus i just bought a home carpet shampooer,,,so's i don't have to rent one when i have to suck up /remove the salt res. from a carpet watering,,,,
hmm, i wonder if a wet/dry could be turned into a return pump?:rolleyes:
so what if it's a lil noisy?:funny:
or a least one heck of a w/c system,,,,,:funny:

·
Registered
56 Posts
But honey... I thought you always wanted a pool... What, not in the living room?!? Fine, I try to do something nice and this is what I get.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In all truth and honesty, she came home and said, "Well, at least this didn't happen in the house...." yet......

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts