The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kid Reefer
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if adding a Koralia 1 into my system would help with my hair algae problem? I have all stock equipment except for my lights. And if I do put in a koralia, where in the tank should i put it?

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
Koralia 1 or even a 2 since you have the 29 Biocube. It can stick right to the rear wall, the outer magnet is submersible and you can place it underwater in the sump area. I would put the Koralia on the side opposite the return pump.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
why the opposite side? wouldnt it the cause a counter flow?
Having the flow from 2 pumps collide will cause turbulent flow instead of the strictly laminar flow that a pump normally puts out. Anything that can be done to breakup and make the flow more erratic will provide a more beneficial type of movement in the tank.

·
Kid Reefer
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok most of the algae is on the sand so i think ill put it down lower to the ground, will this cause any problems with my coral or fish because of TOO much current? I just wanna make sure because of my new gonipora and some other corals.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts
You could use either a 1 or 2 and it won't be too much flow. Don't install the flow concentrator cone that comes with the Koralias now, you want the more widespread pattern that you get without it. You will have to move it around to find the best placement for your tank.

·
Kid Reefer
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok sounds good. Do you think this will help in keeping the flow on my sand so that hair algae wont grow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.