The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bacteria bloom is what we all are calling this.............................well i went to that fish place in lancaster...........luckly i live near it.............i got more black diamond carbon with bags to throw in the sump, i got a filter sock to put over my mag 7 inlet in the sump, and a poly pad to get alot of the small particals..............my other question , because it was brought up by an employee there...........is besides the every friday 6 gallon change on my 45 tank...........should i do 2 water changes a week till this goes away?????????

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am using ro water from a culligan machine in wal mart that is tested monthly.............the ttd is usually around 9-10 ppm

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

ok so i got two poly pads to put in the last tray of my wetdry.........all the people at that fish place told me it souds like a sigle cell bacteria and these pads will get rid of it...........i can see a difference so far........they also said that when my skimmer kicks in i will see a difference............

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Man I wish you lived closer...I've got a 110 gpd RO/DI with a pressure booster pump...I could make enough water for you to do a 100% water change in about 12 hours...I get 2ppm. If you feel like driving, bring some containers. ;) Takes me 6-8 hours to get around 20 gallons of water.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i am still thinking on this. carbon will not help this problem i do not think. most of the time this is caused by a massive die-off, but your levels are not indicating this. everytime i see this post i rack my head on figuring this out. all that i can come up with is let the bacteria fight it out for themselves. they will eventually equalize and clear up.

G~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts