The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know u wash these in the washing machine, but do you use any type of detergent?

if the person that owned it before u may have used detergent, can u just rewash it with none and it'll be ok?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wash mine with bleach only. I would think that if it was washed in bleach after soap it could still be used. But I dont know for sure
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
I would say that the bleach would do the trick. Most detergents are mostly salt and phosphorus. The phosphorous is what makes your clothes white. :) I read this in a study on Laundary Detergent....
"When your detergent claims to offer brighter and whiter, you may want to rethink your decision. The "optical brighteners" found on the label of one detergent are actually synthetic, or man-made chemicals. They work by turning ultraviolet wavelengths into visible light that makes clothes appear whiter, yet does not really make them any cleaner.

Some of their bad effects are that they can cause bacterial mutations and are poisonous to fish."

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-an...ls-that-makeup-laundry-detergents-561730.html

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
WOW I must say I am shocked at the responds here I expected to see something like ro/di rinse only. I am going to dump mine in the washer with some oxy clean now!!! Xtra rinse of course.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
I've never used anything but water and bleach. Double rinse and air dry.

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
sometimes I over bleach.....and I have to run them again with just water....If you can smell the bleach.....rinse again. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts