The Reef Tank banner

Was today Nat'l AR day and no one put it on my calendar??

724 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Alice 
#1 ·
Sheeesh!

(AR as in Anal Retentive)

I have never had such go rounds with picky people in my life as I did today!

My first lease signing of the day the guy is grilling me about every little thing in this almost brand-new duplex He really gets hung up on the mailbox key and I told him I'd get the owner to deliver it as he had not given it to us. I leave and then he calls me three times in two hours asking about the key. On the 4th call I ask him "Are you waiting for something important in the mail?" and he says "No, my mail won't get forwarded until next FRIDAY but I want to make sure I get my key." Aaarrrrgh. (Yeah buddy, the KEY is don't bug me again or you won't get the one for the mailbox until a week from next Tuesday!)

Lease signing #3, again, a guy just sweating over the smallest details. Mind you, this is a nice 2 bdr apartment in a hot area of town that he got at a steal for $700 a month. He decides he wants the whole apartment to have another detail cleaning over ONE dead fly in a window track, ONE hair in the bathroom (I know, kinda yucky) and a rust stain in the tub. I mean, c'mon! I almost lost it on that one.

Last appointment of the day, showing a rental house to a young couple from Philly. Everything is going fine until at 6:15 she gets out a tape measure and proceeds to measure EVERYTHING. No "13x9" measurements for this gal, she measures every wall, the spaces in the corners by the archways, the INSIDE of the built-in book cases and the cupboards. I drew the line at the basement and said "It's 7:00 PM and I need to call it a day." It was either that or I was gonna strangle her with that tape measure!!!

That is all. Thank you for letting me rant! :D

Alice

See less See more
#6 ·
You're right Rick, they are indeed. Which means I did my job well in screening them but wow, LOL. The best part of the #3 guy? He showed up with an architec's drawing of the layout of the apartment, along with a list of all his stuff-its' dimensions and the sq footage it was going to take up. He wasn't physically moving in until the 18th but wanted plenty of time to "get organized." :rolleyes: :funny:

#8 ·
Hehe. I know that feeling Alice! I recently sent out an email to my department because I had a bunch of extra computer monitors that I needed to get tid of. They were free and first come first served. Yesterday I got a call from a Phd in the department asking about one. I only had one left and it was a 17" monitor (His current monitor was only 12"). I told him he could have it and brought it down to him. He proceeded to bust out a measure to make sure it was actually 17"! I couldn't believe it! He just got a free monitor that was much larger than his previous one and he had to make sure it was the exact size that I told him it was! I had to explain to him that the viewable size of the monitor is smaller than the advertised size and he finally relented. After he relented I told him that the free monitor that he recieved is "As is- No warranty" and walked out.

Andrew

#10 ·
:mad: I feel your pain Alice, as I work in a R/E office. These people can be real *****holes. I mean the realtors!! The clients are even worse.

And it only gets worse..........

I need :beer:, lotsa :beer:

Lee:beer:

Oh just one more :beer:

#12 ·
When a new tenant even wants to LOOK at one of our office or residential vacancies, I have to drive over and wait on-site for them, and only after an hour of waiting do I get a text message (not even a proper call) that they can't make it. This inevitably takes place on Saturdays and after numerous verbal confirmations.

Ah well, once they're locked into contract, their money ---make that our money-- is what makes it all worth it.

...but then there are all these reptiles they keep sending over from City Hall, the Fire Department and Housing, just looking for an excuse to squeeze you to death.

Arrrghhh.
Sometimes I miss flipping caraburgers.
But only sometimes.

#13 ·
...but then there are all these reptiles they keep sending over from City Hall, the Fire Department and Housing, just looking for an excuse to squeeze you to death.
Horge, do they charge you for inspections or just for violations? They started charging for annual inspections here. I caught the fire dept trying to do their 3rd "annual" inspection in 18 months on one property. Fired em off a fax and haven't had any inspection notices in a while ;)

Alice

#14 ·
They charge just for inspecting.
That's, of course, aside from penalties and squeeze.

And yes, any building gets annual inspections maybe five times a year, sometimes twice from the same joker. If I tried to fax a complaint, I'd probably get ten annual inspections a year. Multiply that by the various agencies that inspect, and it never gets lonely...

Anyway, a bottle of rum and a fruit basket is always within reach---cheaper than a cash payoff for the inevitable pseudo-violations.

Grrrr.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.