The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks I have joined the death by powerhead club. I had bridal veil covering the intake but some how the veil is off and the purple lta is now too. I have seen the clowns picking at the rubberband so they may have managed to get it loose I don't know. I won't be putting anymore anemones in the tank(the 24). The tank was very cloudy. I did a 50 % waterchange using water from the empty fowler and am mixing new saltwater right now to do another. I hope I don't loose anyone they all look very peeved right now. I also am running a hob with carbon hope it helps.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
sorry to hear that jena, good move on leavin anenomes alone though.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My haitian has always been a model citizen. From the time I got the lta it moved and moved. I tried moving the powerhead but the anemone would follow. Even tho the intake was covered it made me nervous and now I know I was right to be so. I still have the haitian but it gives me no worries and will move to the 90 as soon as it is safe. I think I will come up with some other method of providing flow for the 90. I plan to do anemones in it but will not have powerheads.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow the LTA wasn't dead. When I pulled it out of the ph it was very torn. I put it in a bucket of water while cleaning out the tank. When I went to flush it I found the anemone open and stuck to the side of the bucket. I put him in qt just in case. He may be okay if he is able to repair the damage to his foot. I will keep you updated.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
sorry to hear that! Hope he makes it... just nosy, but how do you handle those bigger anemones? Can you touch them or do you get zapped? I know I've touched my tulip anemone and have never felt anything, but I don't make a habit of it either...

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They don't sting. They are just really sticky and will stick to you if you get near him. I am keeping a close eye on it. I examined him more closely and other than missing a lot of tenticles and 2 tares it is remarkebly well considering the shape it was in when I pulled him from the ph. I have heard of many ph victims making full recovery so I want to give him a chance. As far as him being in pain I wish I could give it a baby asprin an make it better but thats not possible. If he starts looking poor I will put him in the freezer and let him go to sleep.

·
Learn something every day
671 Posts
I have picked up covers from the pond section of HD to cover my PH's, just have to clean them often

1 - 11 of 11 Posts