The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried feeding my yellow wartskin angler (frog fish) a small freshwater fish that i usually feed my arowana..i dangled it infront of him and he refused to take it. Then the fish suddenly got loose and the angler immediately sucked it in. Its been quite frustrating trying to get it to eat. it wont touch the fish as long as its on a feeding stick and i cannot simply release the fish it will swim away and die someplace else or if its dead in the first place and placed near the angler it might not take it and the current would simply push it away....any ideas?
I remember my lion being similarly annoying but now even goes after brine shrimp...

·
Registered
314 Posts
try getting some large weight fishing line and sticking it through the tail of a dead silverside. and bob it around in front of them. mine is about 2 inches long and he gets a 2-2.5" silverside 3 times a week using this method. there are a half dozen guppies living happily in his tank and he hasnt eaten them, but i would try the silversides, they are healthier and easier to suppliment with vitamins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts