The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://chambana.craigslist.org/for/959910484.html

does this sound like a good deal. i did email the guy and he says that its not a reef tank set up so its basic lights buts about all the info i had gotten. Im going to remail and see if i can get some pictures but wanted opinoins on if this was a decent deal this guys about 1 hour from me ..

however if i wanna drive another 2 hours i found a 125g set up for 200. ill proably wait but wanted to ask

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Without seeing it it's hard to say, You have to look at the tank, the stand and the overall condition of everything. If the tank is in good condition along with the stand and Canopy then more then likely it is a pretty good deal.

Just send me a PM ;)
It seems a little high to me personally for a used 90 gallon tank and stand, especially if it is just a standard stand. You could almost buy a RR tank and stand new for the price of that setup. If it were me, I would look for a RR combo, you will get the best bang for the buck out of it, and have what you need for SW and not a bunch of useless FW stuff :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you .. after thinking it over i think im gonna go with a 125g. might as well if im gonna spend the money get the size i want i dont think i wanna deal with much bigger then that

Registered
If the 125g comes with all the equipment you need, you got an amazing deal. But even if it's just the tank and stand alone that's still a great deal. I would do the 125 depending on what I have to spend to bring it up to par. Good luck, wish I could upgrade!

Administrator
90 Gal salt water fish tank-includes protein skimmer, Eheim Wet/Dry filter,
power heads, undergravel filter, penguin BIO Wheel, wood cover and stand,
lights, crushed coral, salt, tubing, test kit.. INCLUDES VERYTHING BUT THE
WATER AND FISH
Passing on this is a good choice if you are set on a reef, un naned skimmer(?) Wet Dry filter( not needed) Undergravel filter( not needed) Bio wheel Filter ( not needed) crushed coral ( yuck) so you get a tank (not drilled) and a stand(questionable)
Any details on the 125g?

Registered
I got my 125 perfect condition glass tops and stand with a regular light (that I ended up selling). Oh yeah I got the 30 gallon sump with a return pump, overflow(downside its not drilled) and also about 25 pounds of good live rock to start the cycle for $175 so yeah the 90 is definitely a high price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.