The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a fairly decent sized frag of this color. I have been considering ordering over the net but would like to try the TCMA members first. If anyone has one they want to sell please let me know. Otherwise if anyone wants to pool an order from a quality supplier that has one in stock I would be willing to do that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have Larry Jackson's purple-tipped monster. I could spare a piece of this. No charge for an unattached piece, but if you want one of the bigger ones that have been growing on florist water tubes for over a year I guess I'd want money because these could be traded to a LFS for credit for food and supplies.

This is a very fast growing coral. You can see photos of it showing its growth at http://www.augsburg.edu/biology/aquaria/SpecialTopicsFiles/sps_AcropPurpMonst_Growth.html

Bill

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the frag offer Bill. I would like to take you up on it. Are you still interested in bringing your invertebrate study class over to check out my octopus and cuttlefish? My cuttlefish came in about a week ago and are doing great. If you are I think it would a good idea for you come over prior to bringing the whole group so we could figure out some details.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ah, I had forgotten or maybe never realized that you ("Energy") are the cephalopod guy I had talked to at the recent meeting.

I think some sort of cephalopod field trip could be very interesting. As I figure out the details of the course, I'll have to try to see where this might fit in well and get back to you.

By the way, I now have a 40 breeder set up that could house an octopus (once I get a tight fitting lid), so I'll want to talk to you sometime in the next month or so (or perhaps even here online) about species (I'm assuming bimaculatus is the species to go with?) and sources of octopus, as well as stragegies for getting them to eat non-living foods.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Capman I'd be interested in a piece of that coral. Probably won't see you until I go to a TCMAS meeting, which will be when I get my driver's license! That'll hopefully be in a week or so.

·
Bring it.
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, No problem on those questions about octopi. Getting them to eat takes a variety of strategies dependent on the species. You are correct on the Bi-latus versus ladious which is a much larger species. I can definately hook you up with a good supplier. I pm'd you with my phone number so give me a call Thursday or Friday and maybe we can arrange a time to get together:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
FastFish720,

Remind me before upcoming meetings. I often have schduling conflicts with these meetings, but I do manage to get to some of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts