The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I can't image the electricity bill with all those MH! :eek: That is definately a unique tank. How to you keep the front acrylic clean?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a new tank with only a handful of "test corals" in it...20 or 30 boxes of coral and fish + 1 or 2 years and it'll be quite nice.
For scale...those blue tangs are 4-5" and the Sarcophyton on the left is about 10".
Jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The electrical bill...hehehe I can't imagine. The water quality is extremely good and it's only neccesary to clean ever 2 weeks or so by a diver with remote breathing apparatus...First time I ever watched I just about ROFL.
Jon

·
Registered
371 Posts
WELCOME to TRT. That's an awesome tank. When it's done can I come over and snorkel???

Where in LA are you?

Lee:beer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
WMR how many gallons is the tank? can you get more photos behind the tank and its " guts" and a pic from far back with say a person standing in front of it? Do you own this tank? If not I wanna have the person whom owns this tank's babies LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All,
This tank is out of state. It's NOT my tank, but I designed, consulted and "created" it. It's my BABY, lol. I will get more "behind the scenes" photos...stay tuned!

Jon

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey Jon..Nice seeing you here. It's been a while since we've talked. How was the move?

I'm sure you have a lot ot offer TRT.

Some of the members may not know who you are, and what great strides you have made in improving the additives we all put in our tanks. I know I have sold quite bit of your products, but there are many who have never heard of Warner Marine Products.

If you wouldn't mind, a breif resume of who you are and what you do would be wonderful.

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Clicking on the link to the thread not only gets you a piic of the tank but a rundown on who's who ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
squid said:
Hey Jon..Nice seeing you here. It's been a while since we've talked. How was the move?

I'm sure you have a lot ot offer TRT.

Some of the members may not know who you are, and what great strides you have made in improving the additives we all put in our tanks. I know I have sold quite bit of your products, but there are many who have never heard of Warner Marine Products.

If you wouldn't mind, a breif resume of who you are and what you do would be wonderful.
Hello!
Well if the mods here wouldn't mind I'll just say a few words about who I am... :)
I'm the owner and founder of Warner Marine Research. We started manufacturing the world's finest marine aquarium additives in 1996. I was a Chemistry major in College and a hobbyist for MANY years. Our company philosophy is to manufacture the highest quality additives available today. Inferior competing products are produced using poor quality "food grade" (FCC) or industrial grade raw materials. Food Grade Calcium Chloride for example contains up to 30X the heavy metal concentration, including Lead compared to Analytical Reagent Grade Calcium Chloride Dihydrate. Warner Marine Research is the only manufacturer to use these fine quality raw materials.
Basically, our products just WORK better. A number of people here use them, I believe...and more are trying our products every day.
MODS (just delete this if it's inappropriate)
I am also an avid reef aquarium hobbyist and occasionally do some consulting work for "interesting" projects. Thanks for the welcome!
Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts