The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin’ TRT

Coffee is up. Also on the table are cereal choices, nanners and strawberries.

Hack is prolly sleeping in because he’s off work to take Jen to a doc appointment.

Doug - We missed you last evening.

I better sing off so there is no train wreck.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,764 Posts
........ahhhhhhh, 'train wrecks' are soooooo underrated! 😜

Top of the morning Cath, and All sliding Their chairs up to the breakfast Table today....,,.HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY to Y'ALL!

You named it Cath......surprised myself, slept in till near on 7 this morning.....WOW! Don't even do THAT on a Sunday morning.

You should have seen how many X'ing out, and back spaceing, and start overs I had to do to get that one post sent out earlier......THAT is why that rule is in place.

Coffee is up, and Cinnamon buns for starters. We're leaving about 9:30 to get our day started around here.....and the afternoon as far as work goes is still in the air depending on finishing up time goes.

Hope all get to enjoy this unseasonably warm/HOT day today....saying 87 here at the right side of our country. Peace, fresh air and Skittles to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning, Hack!🌞 Hope Jen’s appointment goes well and eats up your time so you can take an administrative day off. I’m sure you can find something important to do at home...

It’s going to be a beautiful day here, climbing up to lower 80s.

·
15,764 Posts
An 'administrative day'.......sounds like a no brainer with a wee fib to make it happen, but I have this internal parasite that squoshes such thoughts......my conscious. sp

Door has been tentatively opened on a new Family member around here.....NO, it's possible for a 3-4 month old English Bull dog puppy. We're in negotiations.....,.,deciding if'n it's the right choice, both heart felt as well as brain felt....
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Morning Cath, Hack , and those checking in today.
Going through to oddness of being one foster long dog short here, started with a bonded pair and now Naya the older of the pair is a solo act.
I swear she was looking for Charlie after yesterday’s evening’s last “go outside” session. Charlie and Naya were together for probably most of their lives but Charlie was more bonded to Naya than the other way around. Naya had liver issues being tended to, and we felt SHE was the one to “watch”. Charlie’s seizure/heart attack came out of the blue yesterday afternoon and made his passing more the shock for us. Gotta love the interweb/social media ,,,, when our Doxie rescue posted Charlie passed suddenly , this morning there were 2.2K clicked emojis and almost 200 posted condolences.
We like to think dogs/critters from our life were there to greet Charlie when he crossed the rainbow bridge,,,

Cloudy with rain said to happen during the day, no lawn lowering relateds happening today.

Hope everyone has a great day,,

·
Super Moderator
27,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hack - I would be disappointed if you said otherwise about concocting an excuse to nit return to work.

Yippee on possibly getting another dawgie to join your family!

·
Super Moderator
27,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff - Our posts crossed in the mail.

Wow! What beautiful support from the Doxie rescue community! Sending you and Blyth and Anaya special thoughts and prayers today.

·
Administrator
46,889 Posts
Morning all, delivery day. Now that the new pumps are in place and not taking up space in back room of store things should go a little easier. One more tire to get mounted, finish up the bird trellis project.
Coffee is on if you need more, Have a great day

·
Registered
335 Posts
Morning all. Absolutely perfect Temps here in the middle of the map expecting rain anytime so finishing feeding the got an out building to clean up. I sure hate cleaning but the nice work space and all the compliments make it well worth the effort and brown boogs lol.
Man Jeff sorry for your loss. I had a rescue pitbull that had seizures and found out he was hyperglycemic and would get the shakes after high activity little Karo syrup would make him all better. I hope nothing else like that happens to anyone else.

·
Super Moderator
27,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Shaymas!

In a supper rush since tonight is choir practice.
Shaymas - I’ll comment on your post a bit later.

Bye for now...

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Finally getting some interviews.

·
15,764 Posts
A quiet Wednesday evening at TRT.......HI!

Folks at work asked 'why did you come in at 1:00......I would have just taken the day off?'....YUP, there'smore than groovy looks that separate us. I actually worked till 6......just having sooooooomuch fun.

Cinnamon rolls of course......if'n u=you hurry, we won't have to deal with them for breakfast again.......PLEASE!

Hit 90 today for the first time.....I LIKE!

Hope they're GOOD interviews Bro......fingers crossed.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on the new puppy......soul searching.....

Jen got Her 2nd C-shot this morning, and She's feeling 'cruddy'.

Peace,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Evening all ,

Talked to the Doxie rescue's rep,, she got more info regarding Charlie from the rescue's vet. Turns out Charlie had a tumor on his heart,, and looks like it "let go" thus causing his heart to beat/pump without much productivity. when the rep got to the vet with Charlie , they took him and tended to him right away. The vet had a vet tech check his heart rate, sounds etc. (while she finished up with another critical dog). Vet tech could not hear the heart, got the vet and neither did she. She said as if a heart needed a 1 inch opening outbound, Charlie had 1/4 " so the heart was not pumping productively . The vet had experience with a heart tumor with only one other dog, and they found the tumor because they were already doing a EKG (or whatever the term is). She called it rarer than rare,,,,She also said that if all the "IFs" were done, it would not have made a difference for Charlie.
As the rep was telling me this intel,,, I could hear her breaking up,,, then she said " we are supposed to help these dogs,,,,," We both lost it at that point.

So,, the day was not as productive as I'd liked,, Deere stealership has not received the mow deck trailing tire/wheel yet,,, so no chance on doing any lawn lowering in the fields today. IF I had the tire assembly I could have rolled the dice on the deck having a drive belt with a noticed yesterday 3/4 through crack in it and mow until it let loose. New belt is on its way. found a off brand for 1/4 of a Deere belt. Reviews were touting how good they were, one fella said with the belts being 1/4 the cost of a Deere belt, even if he got 1/2 a mow season and had to replace it, he was still money ahead.
New blades showed up about the time I was getting the deck off its jack stands and out of the shop so I could get the Ford tractor in for its pre-season go-over. Not like the new blades woulda saved the day for mowing, with a split and off the bead busted up tire holding it back from doing any work. Oil and filter changed on the Ford, probably THE fastest oil change of any piece of equipment here,,, the mucho zerk fittings got their allotment of grease , even threw on some hybrid ceramic sealer/coating/"wax" on the "tins"(body/fenders/wheels and exposed frame) for good measure.
Got the Ford back in the pole barn just as the all day waiting for rain showed up,,,, came down decent at times,

Blyth saw our first hummingbird today, a hour after I re-filled the feeders around the house,,,Glad to start seeing the males (they arrive first during migration) here. Next will be enticing the orioles to stop at their specific feeders (orange halves impaled on a screw, grape jelly in lil containers and some dried mealworms added) and color up the bird population around the feeders.

Comfy chair next, along with giving Charlie's gal pal (dunno if she was parent/sister/ just a girl Doxie) for the last 10 or so years, Naya ,,, some extra attention in case she feels something about Charlie not being around. She currently is on liver issue meds(liver "numbers" are too high) and not really all that outgoing,, she tends to prefer hanging out in her fancy crate since she's been here, than being cozy with us humans. Thinking /hoping that might change now that Charlie is not around to dote on her...

Sorry for the ramble,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
46,889 Posts
ummer on the Charlie Issue Jeff, Got last tire mounted, what a sheet show, they put on 3 of a different size than wht i ordered. of course the new ones are more, So rather than waiting till near closing to fix it I had them finish and split the diff for the upgrade. Oh well. Get home to be told water is not working, EVERYTHING IS CLOSED so gotta call and get them out in the am. Texted ex who has the money for all this,, aint heard back. Feeling a migraine coming on

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
ummer on the Charlie Issue Jeff, Got last tire mounted, what a sheet show, they put on 3 of a different size than wht i ordered. of course the new ones are more, So rather than waiting till near closing to fix it I had them finish and split the diff for the upgrade. Oh well. Get home to be told water is not working, EVERYTHING IS CLOSED so gotta call and get them out in the am. Texted ex who has the money for all this,, aint heard back. Feeling a migraine coming on
I would imagine a migraine would be a result from all that "crud" Doug,,,, hope it all gets sorted out without much "grrrr" moments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts