The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
22,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice weather today. Coffee is on.

have a great day everyone. Working a 10 before the holiday is tough, but I’ll figure out something.

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Howdy Bro! Hey Everyone, and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY/LAST DAY OF THE WEEK in the middle of it!
WOW....there's a mouth full.

It does feel strange Perry......last night Nate wanted to start 'prepping' a day early for Thanksgiving to make tonight a little more relaxing. SURE began to make the brain think I was going to be off today......so yeah, getting motivated with the smells of Thanksgiving in the air seems strange.

28F heading to the mid 50's....pleasant! And these 'moderate temps will linger for a while round here.

Coffee is ready, and CIB'MC' as a chaser. Sure there'll be cookie crumbs on my lap for the drive in as well.

Looking forward Cath to seeing this creation of your's to adorn Y'All's holiday table. How is...what is....where is Everybody doing tonight, and tomorrow? Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on the agenda for anyone? ("I'm assuming they're having one....haven't watched in years.")

Well time to talk myself in to moving round here.....peace and an incredible urge to giggle to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,737 Posts
Good morning just relaxing drinking my coffee before Presley arrives. Then it’s busy all day. Five years old and full of questions .
We play restaurant and she is the waitress. Take my order in short hand. Her own shirt hand and she can remember what it was the next day. I try to make my orders hard .
it’s going to be in the 70’s today. Have a good day

·
Super Moderator
35,693 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, Rick, and Vinnie!

Thanks for the coffee, guys! English muffins ready to toast for cream cheese and lovely made jam or peanut butter and manners, and I also have oatmeal all dressed up for pre-TDay festivities.

Perry - you’re right, 10 hour shift before a holiday is tough. I’m sure you can make it work as you’ve had plenty of experience with crummy jobs, and this one does not sound like it fits in that category.

Hack, Make your day extra groovy so you can go home and supervise and otherwise prep for your big meal tomorrow.

Rick - how is the weather situation in your area? Since you’ve already had Canadian Thanksgiving, I don’t know what to ask you about tomorrow.😂

Vinnie, congratulations on your winnings the other day. I like the way you describe Presley. She sounds like a terrific girl, and you sound like a fantastic granddaddy! What is her name for you and Kristine?

I better get going get ready for a 9:15 exercise class. And then I’m gonna go to the grocery store to get some last minute items. That’s a daunting thought.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
24,426 Posts
Afternoon all,
So far so good on busywork outside . A gutter end that got nailed with a falling tree branch replaced and installed. All garden hoses drained n rolled up to winter in the barn. Sadly the lawn roller did not get drained early enough and tweaked the drum enuf to now be labeled as scrap metal , oh well/my bad.
Heat traced the pole barn’s well pipe coming up from the floor in the tack room( pump and pressure tank removed a week or so ago and will winter in the shop where it does not get below freezing ) Offloaded the trailer of stuff I brought home from mom’s the other day,,, mostly was the disassembled gazebo’ish swing Dad made 35-40 years ago ,, which all three nephews swung in it with Grampa ,, with lots of pics to prove it . So a no brainer when Sis wanted the swing to go up at her place near the pond. Totally get it ❤.
Some other this/that efforts added in so far,,, making good headway on prob the last nice day( high 50’s and sunny) of 2022.
Last on the day’s gotta do list is to go on the roof and clear the gutters one last time( not to self: get gutter covers, geez🙄🥴)

Midway thru the morning the LP delivery guy showed up to top off the tank for the house 😱💸💸💸, is what it is .

Back to being busy ,,

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
GEORGE!!!!!!!! Hey Pal......Happy Thanksgiving to Y'All WAY UP THERE in the other part of NJ.

Despite the fact EVERYONE ELSE had the afternoon off for one excuse er another, I did get out of there an hour early.....as you Cath, to hit the food store for some more last minute stuff.
Got the gizzards simmering so we can make the stuffing......pies will be going in before too much longer.

Pizza for dinner, and more cookies for desert.....half tempted to make some coffee up, but weighing SLEEP vs HALL WALKING. :unsure:

Forgot you Northerners already had your T-Day....but HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Y'All Rick any way!

Got BIG BAND music playing, for as Hack says, 'makes it seem like a holiday' when he hears it.
Glenn Miller at the moment, Little Brown Jug.(y)

Let's see what We'All can't get into this evening,
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
64,175 Posts
Hi Pal! Most of the sides are ready and just got a little vacuum tomorrow morning and stuff. Worked outside in this heatwave ( clean gutters do the leafs and detailed the Jeep. And put other stuff away and cleaned). Now sit back and watch my Devils ( having a dream season ( with 13 wins in a row, 13 was there all time high back in I think 2006 or maybe it was 2009). Tuff game tonight against the leafs ( which they beat them already but in OT. Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,737 Posts
Good evening everyone.

busy day today, took Presley to the local fish store . Need to pick up food. She had a good time. Then Kristine took her for pizza .
Have to get ready to do one of the two turkey in an oil less fryer.

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Hey Vinnie.....You's Guys having a big enough gather tomorrow to require 2 turkeys? WOW.....peace, and power to Ya! (y) It's going to be a small one for us......just the 3 of us, and the 2 Sams......I believe 19 was our largest gathering.:unsure: We were REAL FRIENDLY squeezing round the ole table that day.

A relatively easy evening for us George, THANKS to Nate wanting to get a start last night making the Potato Salad up....THAT'S TIME CONSUMING!
But yes, a wee bit of house cleaning in the morning round here as well.....the kitchen don't count. Will be getting trashed right up to 'game time'.

Another batch of potatoes peeled and boiling for the stuffing.....so a brilliant excuse to sit on my butt for a bit.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
35,693 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Snow is almost gone now Cath. It will be completely gone by Friday. Yeah, our Thanksgiving is done. I typically have a turkey sub for lunch on your Thanksgiving so I don't feel left out of the fun!
Rick, you are a real sport! Hats off to you for playing along with us on our Thanksgiving day tomorrow.

Vinnie, glad the name is that your grandkids call you.
What are the rest of you get called by your grandkids? A lot of people around here referred to their grandfathers as granddaddy, wow the grandmothers get called all kinds of things, and many of them have nothing to do with a grandmotherly what kind of name.

Doug, all I have to say for you being at working in the store is “Oh boy!” Well maybe “bless you” too. It would be great if somebody else does it at Christmas.

Jeff - Oh yeah, I get it to that your sister have that gazebo kind of swing in her yard! Why do you let you swing in it when you visit, or is it kid size?
Sorry to hear about the dollar spent for your LP. Even though that price is kind of expected it’s still a sticker shock. It could make a person weep.

Hack, that sounds like a pretty busy day. I’m impressed that you went shopping for last minute things. But sometimes you just Gotta do it. My trip to the store lasted maybe a half an hour, tops. The most difficult part was getting out of the parking lot.

George!! Thank you so much for stopping in to say hi. I hope you and your family have a good Thanksgiving day with lots of good eats. Don’t be such a stranger around here. We’d love to see you more often.

Vinnie, I bet Presley really like being at the local fish store!

Ooops! I better get busy getting vegetables ready to roast.

Make it a groovy evening, everyone.

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Hey Cath! Sounds like everyone has there hands in the fire a little tonight.....all a part of the joy and traditions. (y)
Vinnie, glad the name is that your grandkids call you.
What are the rest of you get called by your grandkids? A lot of people around here referred to their grandfathers as granddaddy, wow the grandmothers get called all kinds of things, and many of them have nothing to do with a grandmotherly what kind of name.
All the Grandbabies call Jen 'Nona'.....German for Grandmom. Me....I'm 'Poppa'....That's English for Poppa.:unsure:;)

Hack

·
Administrator
20,523 Posts
Liquid Bottle Ingredient Fluid Drink

Here Ya go Cath......it's THAT time of the year again! (y)

Chocolate Pecan Pies in the oven.....Pumpkins next in line.
Stuffing's subordinate parts are pert near ready to assemble.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
35,693 Posts
Bingo, Hack! When I was at the grocery store I saw a display of TastyKake products and thought of you. I almost took a photo of them to post here. I don’t dare take any of that home. Is too great of temptation, because I love that stuff so much.

Potatoes, onions, and carrots are roasted and cooling. This apartment smells really good. Today Bobbi made cranberry sauce, wild rice, and roasted beets. She’s going to roast brussels sprouts too and will put those on top of the soup that we will have for our main course. If that sounds odd to all of you, it is to us as well. We’ve never done Thanksgiving like this. But I will tell you this, every year we do something different.

OK, now it’s time for me to sit in my Stressless chair and get a load off my back.

It’s groovy here now and I hope it’s groovy and everybody else is home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts