The Reef Tank banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well it's that time again, After the flood August 12 2016 and losing all my equipment i wasn't going to get another tank. But last July 29th I retired and started an antique store. I work more now then when I worked.

I'm setting up a 36 Gallon Bow Front in the shop. so here it goes

first picture

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
My RO/DI unit was about 20 years old and after the flood was left outside on side of the house for the past 2 1/2 years. I'm sure I could still use it after changing out the membrane and other filters. but the age and cost to replace everything I went and picked up another Spectrapure. this time I went with MaxCap MC manual flush 90 gallons a day

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I'm Back and will be updating here on my new Tank Build. Looking forward to sharing with everyone. Updates coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Welcome back
Thanks, looking forward to get started. Have to catch up on yard work, then start on stand. I want the stand to be between 36 and 40 inches tall. Standard stand are too short for my liking

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I picked up the lumber to start the stand, for now I will be using reefbreeder's and kessil for lighting, I have my RO/DI, still. not sure on the sump yet. I was going to make one out of a 75 gallon tank, but the stand wide have to be too wide. the tank is a odd size , 60X18 X 16 tall . need to polish it some , not bad.
The reason I'm setting this particular tank up was given to me from Rick and Tonya of the Aquarium in Old Town, Wichita Ks. I worked din the shop some years ago and after being open in that location for 28 years they relocated and had this tank they didn't use. So now I have a piece of the shop. LOL

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
One good reason to build your own stand. I have the frame done and will hav 15 inches wide and it 35 inches tall. Plenty of room for a decent skimmer. 5 feet wide. I will take pictures later

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Going to make some changes to the stand, have to add more support to the top as I'm going to pull the center brace out. I originally was going to use a 75 gallon tank as a sump and still want to use it so I need some space in the rear of stand.
I also decided to use the octopus skimmer instead of ordering a new life reef skimmer, just can't justify spend the money when I have this one
Wood Red Gas Kitchen cart Machine

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Just want to keep my blog updated, got the tank polished, talk about labor intensive, worm these old bones out,

got the 49 breeder tank in for sump, will be doing the baffles this week. Calcium reactor is cleaned. Won't be adding to start for awhile,

skimmer is clean and ready.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
They chill a lot, always hunt for food. I love them they do require attention, water quality and feeding.they do swim around the tank though out the day, not like fish.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Here is a cool video of male giving birth, it’s cool to watch little miniature seahorses come out. Not my video.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts