The Reef Tank banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I have also been looking for new tanks, Don't know what I will do as far as tanks. I want to cut back and not pay the high electric

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
The Turtle is in a 15 gallon tank now, moved him from the five. He is still fun to watch, I guess he will be getting larger and larger tanks as he grows.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Alright, been some time since I posted anything on my blog, Today I picked up a 56 gallon tank to house my clown fish, I want to do a nice tank with a few small fish and shrimp, Not a reef for awhile, will get there later on. I also want to set it up the old fashion way, cheaply, no drilling, no sump and only HOB filter with a bio wheel. So I guess it will be a low tech tank with items everyone tell everyone not to use. I will post some pictures soon

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Monday Morning and the tank is clearing up from not rinsing it very well, I guess it's no real big rush to get the clowns moved into it. I think it going to be a nice size tank to house a few small but cook fish

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Tank is cleared up and just running for now, Been so busy with work can't find the time or energy to do anything this pass week, I will update this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Clowns are in the new tank, already going after my hand while aranging some of the rock from the Nano. I will get some pictures up soon, Think I will also go get a new fish . They need a tank mate

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
The lunare wrasse jumped out of the tank, it was right after feeding. Everything is doing great added a Foxface and some hermits and turbo snails. Will get a updated photo soon

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Still have the turtle Jacob found 3 1/2 years ago, thing is about 4 inches round now and fat, going to be making a pond for the guy to get him outside, May pick up a few more along the way. Need to get a new picture of him

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I will be updated this as I go, ordered the skimmer last night from Life Reef, external 36 inch, still not sure on the lighting , I think metal halide or T5;s. just not very convinced on LED.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I changed my mind on the lighting, I ordered from Reef Breeders a Proton 48 LED and then 2 kessels160we with controller to supplement, also ordered a 1/4 chiller, maxspect gyre 150 for water movement and a GFO reactor .

101 - 120 of 141 Posts