The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to upgrade my 37T tank to a 75 gallon. I would be upgrading tank, stand and sump. I was wondering if I needed to upgrade to the mp40 or could I simply just get another mp10?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently a duncan, rose bta, green bta, 2 zoa colonies, frog spawn, a leather toadstool, and a short sps branch type, if and when I add more they will probably be softies and maybe a long tentacle anemone.

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
that's something to take into account. softies and such should be ok with the lower flow. it has been suggested, and I usually recommend to ne people, to set up your tank to mimic a certain biotope. be it a lower flow lagoon type with soft coral and maybe a few hardier lps, or a reef crest type environment with high flow and sps coral. its kinda difficult to set up a system to keep both and have them thrive as softies and sps require different conditions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The current Program I have it under is 7-12 lagoon 12-20 Reef crest. When I upgrade to my 75, I want to add a few more of what I got and maybe some torches. Idk I'm still unsure of what I want to add to it.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
I have a 2nd mp10 on order for my 60 cube. One mp10 was almost enough. I think you'd by fine with 2 mp10's. a 60 might be overkill. I'd call tech support at vortech, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Helen, let me know how that second MP10 does for you on your tank. I havent upgraded yet, but I look to in the next month or so.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
It should be here Wednesday, I hope. Ordered it on Friday from Aquacave. Can't say enough about their costumer service. I talked to them on Friday(very helpful), ordered the same day, and got a shipping confirmation about an hour later. They are my favorite online vendor.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
Helen, let me know how that second MP10 does for you on your tank. I havent upgraded yet, but I look to in the next month or so.
My second MP10 arrived today. I was excited and stuck it in my tank without balancing the flow, but so far I'm very happy. They are both on full flow, but bear in mind my 60 tank is only 24 inches square. For a longer tank, I think I'd recommend adding a mp60.

Helen

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm wanting to upgrade my 37T tank to a 75 gallon. I would be upgrading tank, stand and sump. I was wondering if I needed to upgrade to the mp40 or could I simply just get another mp10?
to add another option I would recommend to look into Tunze pump and new WP40(25) pump models. MP40 is a great pump but it's noisy. On the other hand Tunze and WP40 are pretty quiet. Another plus you can get WP40 for less then 100$ including controller which is a bargain.

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
When I set up my 100 I'm going to get the wp40's.or 60's. I don't know yet. I'm waiting until I'm not homeless to make the decision, but I wanted 2 matching pumps for the 60. It all depends on my cursed real estate translation, and the Biotope I want for the 60. Currently it is mixed.

·
Registered
638 Posts
let me say the wp-40 is impressive. In wave mode it out does the tunze wve box. It will almost splash water out of my 150

1 - 16 of 16 Posts