The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys... here's a small vid I shot of me feeding the lion...

He tried to pull the skewer out of my hand again... ;)

The skewer is a piece of rigid airline tubing that was heated and I stufk the tips of two bamboo skewers into it to form a small two pronged fork...

I've for a piece of cocktail shrimp on it for this feeding as he wastes NO time in going for shrimp..

Let me know how quickly it loads and you need Real Media Player to view it... Maybe Jay will hook me up withsome better hosting of it... ;)

It's about 3.5M

http://www.biocor.com/voleat.rm

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sweet video,

Downloaded a little slow on my cable modem....about 15k a sec...my ave download speed is about 300k-500k a sec. My 5 year old said "run it again....and again"

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha.... cool....

My upload speed is 128k so it's horrible... I'll try and find a decent place to host it...

Glad your son enjoyed it... :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Got message: General Error has occured!:(

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i'd be happy to host it if my server was up :(

server has been down since about 2:50 pm on friday. mine and a slew of others. so far the official reason is that a backbone router crashed in quebec and as a result, everythign is done. my servers are in montreal, so it's hurting me and a lot of other folks as well.

i have no email and all of my sites are down, including my reef site.

soon as it comes back up, i'll elt ya know buzz, and i'll pop it on my server for ya.

btw: back to your video.. i've been waiting ten minutes to view it, but it;s still trying to connect :(

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
It says I dont have a program to open it oh well sorry buzz:(

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
Yah I get that a and I have win media , and quick time, oh well I have dial up too :(

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
he compressed in real media format..

but it still wouldn't load for me. which is a bummer, i'd like to see a lion eat!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took me about 5 minutes to download and watch.

That was very nice to watch. Once that Lion grabbed the shrimp, he was not letting go. Looks like you almost pulled him up out of the water when you were trying to retract the scewer.

Cool video

Matt

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah.... he likes to play tug of war with the skewer... heh

He nearly pulls it out of my hand sometimes...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
finally got to watch it after rebooting last night.. awesome buzz!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome video. You just confirmed the excellence of my decision to get a full-size Volitan Lion.

:beer:

(corrected spelling issues)

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
hmm..I think he should resave it in QT format for the rest of us to watch. ;)

and yes..downloading a 3.1K/sec on a cable modem stinks! It would be quicker for you to email it to me and I download it from my host. heh heh heh

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Geoff said:
where is the rest of the shrimp, i know you got more up there.:D

G~
There's another 2 pounds in the freezer with his name on it... As well as a pound of Talapia, pound of squid, and pound of silversides... ;)

My wife says my fish eat better than she does... :)

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I uploaded the vid temporarily to a work server. It should give better performance now.

And i'll try to do a QT encoding as well..

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
:D :beer: Yahoo that was awesone he ate one and was looking for more thanks Buzz :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts