The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my other computer I have a Virus that Norton Identifiend as Bloodhound. (Norton does Diddily squat)

The virus changed all my personal settings and affecetd windows.

How do I get rid of the virus? How did I get a virus? How can prevent future viruses?

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Well i think your best bet would be to set you computer back to default settings. Which will pretty much clear your whole computer back to brand new, in other words your computer will be the same it was when you first bought it. Norton is a good anti virus program, not sure why it didnt work. If you wanna get another antivirus software mcaffe (spelling?) is good. But im not sure whether or not you would wanna lose everything on your computer so it may or may not work for you. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Go to nortons website and down load the virus removal tool and run it, You'll have to go into the control panel and disable system restore before you run it or it won't get rid of it completely, assuming you're running windows xp, You could have gotten it a multitude of ways, e-mail, downloading something, chatting, who knows, if you are running xp re-enable system restore. tehn run system resore and restore you're computer to a date that was before your system was infected, this will restore all you're windows setting to how you had them before the virus, if you need help running system restore. click start then help and type in running system restore and follow the directions there, If you're running an earlier version of windows after you remove the virus you're gonna have a lot of manual resetting of windows ahead of you. To preven further viruses you need a good firewall, several good ones are available free, just do a google search for free firewalls.

jd

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Don't get me started on computers and virus's. Mcaffee is pretty good but AOL disabled my mcaffee and their software doesn't remove the really nasty stuff. Which is strange cause their antivirus is mcaffee but I think the actual software from the company itself is better.

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
AOL stinks... never touch the stuff. Look at Mcafee but be warned that it can be a nightmare to remove from your system if you need to. I only use a physical firewall and am careful where i go on the web.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
No more prOn for joo!!!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
zxcv123 said:
No No No.... Im clean... I dont like that garbage
give it time my friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts