The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the title suggests. I have a Virgate rabbit which is about 4"-5" long. He eats like a horse and has gained about 1/2" in length since I got him a little more than a year ago. He doesn't show signs of stress and swims around freely and without care. I am concerned because no matter how much he eats, he reamins paper thin. I feed him nori and cyclops (as with all my fish). His coloration is very good.

I am curious whether he might have internal parasites although there is little outward signs other than no weight gain. Is there anything safe to add to food and/or feed which might help if this were a correct assumption? I do not want to harm my reef however.

-Ken

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Sounds like your chasing a fix to a perceived problem. Honestly, I wouldnt worry about it if the fish has good coloration, a healthy appetite, and there's food available. You may chose to add some meaty foods to his diet, my foxface loves freeze dried krill and mysis shrimp.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
try prazi pro by hikari in the food. they don't like how this tastes so it may take a couple of days.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Sounds like your chasing a fix to a perceived problem. Honestly, I wouldnt worry about it if the fish has good coloration, a healthy appetite, and there's food available. You may chose to add some meaty foods to his diet, my foxface loves freeze dried krill and mysis shrimp.
I agree!Feed them this not hay and oats(he's not a horse!)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris--One of the reasons he has gone a year without treatment was just what you said...I wanted to make sure it was not something I was overreacting about. I guess I wanted to get everyone's input before I decided to dose with anything.

Scott, what is Prazi Pro? I could look it up but I would rather get information from someone who has used it first.

Rottie-- 8P

-Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts