The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes he has killed my percula clown!! today! My other Blue Damsel is almost dead, and my serpent starfish is also almost dead because of this 5 dollar fish, but no more, I had the last straw today when my wife called me to tell me about the percula clown. I did the unthinkable in a fit of rage!!

:mad:
DERM
:mad:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I know the exact feeling. Although now I am in the process of figureing out how to get my damsels out because they are causeing hell in my tank.

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Demon spawn fish! I hate 'em. They are only good for feeding to Eels and Lionfish, and even then I dunno if they'd get eaten cause they are such pukes!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi.. hi.. hi..
Look at you guys... Sounds like you hate blue damsel more than anything in this world.
I got to admit I am getting cold feet lately. Why? I got 3 blue damsel in my tank :( :( :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'll be putting together a 40 gallon tank for damsels in a couple weeks... anyone want to send me their evil fish? that way they can only torment each other.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
ya know, i always see everyone complain about blue damsels. i love mine. its the nicest thing around. it schools with the chromis and cinnamon clown, it doesnt bother anyone. eats nicely from my hand. hes a joy to have........

and everytime i say THAT i hear "wait til he gets bigger!"

so this has got me thinking, when it comes time to move the fish over to the 75, the blue might find his way back to the lfs :( i hate to do it. but i hate more the thought of him killing other inhabs as he gets older.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Really sad that a fish has to get such a bad rap because the LFS didn't warn the customer and the customer didn't do their homework. Not the Damsels fault that its an insane brute in a micro body.

·
Administrator
47,633 Posts
Sorry Kids, but I have personally seen warnings posted on this board and every other one regarding, damsels to cycle, damsels as cheap filler fish, etc.
Damsels are the bad boys of the pomacentrids, and lose most of their charm as they get older and bigger. Even there cue cousins the clown fish aren't immune to this. Maroons, Tomatoes, Clarkiis, and most of the larger ones eventually exhibit the pugnaciousness of fish that are somewhat similar to cichlids.
Damsels are prolly the most frequent live flushers because they are cheap hardy and become a problem later.
The problem is they are doing what they are genetically encoded to do and didn't ask to move. Its all about researching and picking wisely

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
yup. my problem with getting the damsel, was i got it before i found trt. and of course, the lfs told me this is a great hardy fish, easy to care for grrrrrr...

i dont belive in flushing though. it'll get returned to the lfs. or maybe i'll set up a nano fowlr for Asia in her room, and give her the damsel, and a few crabs and aiptasia :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts