The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have an electric damsel that is gettering more aggresive by the day. Hes pretty much pushed my two clowns to one side of the tank and wont let them pass by. Im thinking about takeing him back to the LFS i want to add a few more fish soon and i dont think they will do well with him in the tank. It also seems like he might of taken a small bite out of my black clowns lower fin. Should i take him back? it seems to get worse everyday. He used to be shy but not anymore lol. Any sugestions?

Shane Cook

· Questions Galore....
1,248 Posts
I had a damsel that did the same thing to my clowns I just waited until the middle of the night and I saw it swimming around and hit it right in the eyes with my bright as $#!^ LED flash light while the lights were out and he just sat there and let me scoop'em right out with the net, never even saw it coming, Sent him to see Ol' FRED and took him to the LFS the next day, now the clowns are all over the place

· Hydro-Dynamic
13,156 Posts
hit it right in the eyes with my bright as $#!^ LED flash light while the lights were out and he just sat there and let me scoop'em right out with the net, never even saw it coming,
Great, now we're spot-lighting damsels:funny:
Verrry clever, I'll have to remember that if it'll come out @night

· Questions Galore....
1,248 Posts
Great, now we're spot-lighting damsels:funny:
Verrry clever, I'll have to remember that if it'll come out @night
I was talked into getting two damsels when I first started up my tank and I got the first one out with the bottle trap but the other one wouldn't go near it after that, then I remembered reading about using the flashlight, it was pretty funny I saw him swimming up to me while I was looking around after lights out and he would swim right up to my face like a little kid in front of a video camera like "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!" and I grab he flashlight put it right up on the glass and BOOM turned it on, it was a TKO, he was fine the next morning in the "fuge" fed him some food, he ate it right up and as soon as the LFS was open I took'em in the tank has been a lot happier ever since

· Questions Galore....
1,248 Posts
It's worth a shot right, I think maybe a brighter flashlight would be better because when I did it he was right up against the glass so I think if the light isn't bright enough it might just scare him back into his home, but who knows

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.