The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a good way to vent humidity without a tremendous amount of work/money. I had covers on my frag tanks but i am finding it a pain in the butt to take them on and off all the time. I am also able to get the ph allot higher with the added evaporation and more kalk top off. Problem is ofcorse the basement is becoming more humid every day.

i was wondering if i could just vent some of the air in the basement every few hours to solve the problem. The basement is all cinder block so id like to avoid cutting a new hole. Is it a horrible idea to tee off the clothes dryer vent and use the same pipe. I thought i could use a draft blocker on each side so the blower doesn't send air down to the drier and the drier doesn't send air out the blower. Is this a bad idea ? should i expect my homes heating or cooling costs to go up much from this ?

also i could only find the bathroom type fans at home depot. anyone know where i can find a 4" in line type fan like this

http://www.smarthome.com/3011.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.