The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I used to use C-balance with my smaller tank and loved the results. But with the 120, thats too much money and work (adding it everyday) to be practical...

So I set up another system. I have a 10 gallon tub of RO water that I dosed with Kalk, I have a powerhead in the tub keeping it mixed. I then have a powerhead in the tub with a section of tubing going to my sump. The powerhead it plugged into a reef fanatic level controller, which turns it on everytime the level drops...and pumps in the kalk as topoff water.

Should this be adequate for Ca/Alk?

Thanks

Pat

·
Administrator
46,694 Posts
if you can rig a floating lid to keep out room air, CO2 from atmoshere will weaken the solution over time

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I can try to arrange that!

Wow.......snow is really falling up here in Massachusetts......

Pat

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I use a 32 gallon Brute can to mkix my kalk topoff water, lasts about 5-7 days between refills... :) I also took a trash bag, cut about 1/3 off the top and then place this in the can, after I've refilled it. I then try to get all of the air out from under the bag, push it all the ways to the side and then place the lid back on. As the kalk water is pumped out, the bag travels downward with the water level to kep the kalk water from being exposed to air. Before I started using the bag, I would have a calcium crust on top of the kalk water in the can, now, just clear kalk water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts