The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

Hopefully this is OK to post here. Please LMK if it's not.

There are a few of us that are intersted in ordering from www.upscales.com next week.

To cut down on the shipping costs - we could either have them shipped to me at work - I'm in St Paul, off of University & 280. I could then call or email you as soon as they arrive...or, we could have them shipped to p30sl - he will be on vacation next week, & can float them 'till we can pick them up. He is in Blaine...off of 120th lane.

I've sent Travis @ Upscale an email to see if there is an order size that would qualify for an additional discount...or, possibly free shipping. He is out till Thursday though.

Here is the order so far...

dobbs - #1 & #2 UCEFragPacks

p30sl - Neon Green Hydnophora, Orange Digitata, Orange Montipora Capricornis, Rainbow Mille...all frags

rihanssu - Bonzi

Dave

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ideal calcium levels are 380 to 440. Alk on the dkh scale would be 8 to 12(multiply your milli. by 2.8=9.2). Your levels look good. Make sure your phosphates are as low as possible also as high levels will inhibit cacification. As far as dipping, there are many methods. I treat all my corals for red bugs and they are checked weekly for flatworms or any other pests.

If you put together a group order of three or more people I will cover the shipping charges for you.

Thanks
Travis

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi Dave! Just a thought for you..... Frag pack #1 has frags of corals that are easier to keep and are good for beginners (newbies). Frag pack #2 will contain "Collectors Edition" corals that might not be suited for the less experienced. While we did order from them and had a great experience with Travis and crew, you can most certainly get frags of "beginner" type corals for less with no shipping from people in the club. In fact, some people have even offered FREE frags to newbies to help get them started. I appreciated your enthusiasm for this hobby. I would encourage you to get some experience with easier corals before you take the plunge into the harder ones. It would save you heartache and $$$$. Just my opinion.... Again, welcome to the club!!!:thumbup:

:beer:

dobbs said:
There are a few of us that are intersted in ordering from www.upsacles.com next week.

Here is the order so far...

dobbs - #1 & #2 UCEFragPacks

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Hey dobbs, just so you know the address is www.upscales.com not www.upsacles.com . LOL I could not figure out why the linky no worky... LOL. On a side note I have a few sps you could try, if you wanted to test the waters so to speak. I could give you a piece of pavona, which is a real easy sps, and some digi, another easy sps. I could probably get you a piece of tricolor acropora also. I have lots of other stuff, but I want to make sure frags of the unusual pieces go to homes that have caretakers that have established their technique, and have been successfull at growing sps. No offense meant by that, but I like to spread around frags of my stuff so that if something happens I can get a frag back.

·
Registered
735 Posts
SPS frags

If anyone wants something from upscales come over and check out my tank first:agree: I have most if not all of them and can offer frags of most if not all for about half of what online prices would be. I'm not looking to get rich just trying to fund a bigger tank setup so if you come over know that I will make it worth your time (I.E. giving away frrebies, etc.) If you want to see pictures of what I have go to photobucket.com username: stuckey_t password: reggie I can frag most of the ones I have pictures of.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Derek,

Your frag is doing great so far:funny: We'll see how it looks after I grow it out a bit. And you are welcome to come over anytime and I can get you a frag or 2! Shoot me a PM when a good time for it comes around.

Troy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.