The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Well, we are redoing our kitchen and dining room, so my current 75g reef that has been up and running for 3 years has been broken down and moved to a temp site with no losses...thank god:beer:

Here are my plans.....our current dining room had a 4 ft closet that we have torn apart and finished into a recessed area in the wall..... 48L x 24 D x 8ft H. I think this would be an awesome place to slide a tank in. I was hoping for an oceanic 110 reef ready, but thats too long. so:

Any opinions on the Oceanic 105 that is 4 ft long but taller ?

Any words of wisdom in general?

Also, I would like to have the sump and all maintainace stuff in the basement. How big a pump would I need as a return to a 105g tank assuming it was in a sump in the basement? Can this be donw? Any advice? It would just be so nice to have all of the stuff in the basement where the mess wouldn't matter..

I'm looking forward to starting fresh....I'm going to set up the new tank with a fresh DSB (seeded from mine) and then slowly (over a few months) transfer everything over to the new tank..

Thanks in advance

Pat

·
Registered
79 Posts
What about a 48"x24"x24" 120gallon tank? Thats what I have.. sounds like it would JUST fit in there. or a 48"x18"x24" 90 gallon would give you a little room back there for plumbing if needed...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info......The hoos dimensions on that are 50 in, so I think if I made the opening 52 in, that should be enough to slide it in there with a bit to spare on both sides...

Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts