The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Upgrade-Fever
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 2 exiting years it is time for an upgrade. My 90 Gallon Formosa-Forest is becoming too small, and my propagation tank is packed with Acropora colonies instead of frags.

Plan:

Tank: Rimless 63" x 40" x 24" (250 Gallon + 90 Gallon Sump)

Skimmer: SURPRISE :D

Flow: 2 Tunze nano modded + 2 Tunze 6100 modded. 1000 Gallon Return-Pump (Total 11000 Gallon/hour)

Lighting: 2 ATI SUNPOWER 6x80 watt pendants (12x80 watt T5) All Aqua-Science bulbs.

Other equipment:

* Grotech TEC III Dosing pump with 8 gallon jerrycans for automated 2-part + trace-elements. 3th channel for Amino-Acids, Vodka etc.

* GFO/Carbon reactor

* Maybe Zeovit :arg: (I said maybe :D)

The current tank (Formosa-Forest) will be used as a Sump and Propagation tank.

63" x 40" x 24" (250 Gallon) and 90 Gallon Sump + 50 Gallon RO/Saltwater reservoir. All rimless glass.

Leonardo

·
Registered
317 Posts
Think thatll be enough flow?

·
Upgrade-Fever
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so, I have the 6100 on 20-30% now, so I think I'll be enough. I will modificate the outlet for more, and wider flow. But you got me thinking, maybe I have to add some more 6100 or 6200...

Leonardo

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
your to easy:)! that will make a great tank , i have no doubts in your abilites .
fwiw - the 6100 in my tank has no problem getting flow in my 6' tank to the other end . with the rock work set-up like in your 90 , i think you will be fine .
looking forward to the build :beer: !

·
Upgrade-Fever
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No pictures yet, the tank will be set up in April. The next months I will purchase all the equipment and the tank, and build the stand.
After I graduate (april 2008) I will begin to put everything together! :)

leonardo

·
Upgrade-Fever
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the reactions :)

Crvs, the degree is Bachelor of Business Administration. I'm a realtor within a few months :)
But, my passion and interests are somewhere else, so next year I will start at the University of Amsterdam to study Marine Biology. (bachelor/master/Phd)

Leonardo

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
But, my passion and interests are somewhere else, so next year I will start at the University of Amsterdam to study Marine Biology. (bachelor/master/Phd)

Leonardo
That'd be the way to do it... first degree you make money with, the second you can enjoy life with! I almost considered doing the same thing with the second degree, but then quickly remembered that I didnt like school. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I think a new thread should be made so we dont ruin Leos lol.

But I think thats a good general concept, yes. Lighting requirements are also lower since there is supposed to be a lack of phosphates.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts