The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I haven't been around the board too much lately. I've been swamped with work and family obligations (of course, not in that order :)). Anyhow, just wanted to say hey, and show you all what my tank's been up to lately. These are some shots I took tonight. Let me know what you think, good or bad. Enjoy!

Paul.

Here's a full tank shot...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a view from the left side...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's one of my favorite pieces. I love the delicate color...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Left side...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right side...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taco, the king of the cave...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:beer:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And, just one more ;)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Dang Paul you rock now come over her and help me design a closed loop for my system without spending a fortune on it hehehhe

Jeff

Great pics Dewd

·
Registered
822 Posts
Very nice. I always enjoy seeing full tank shots of other peoples aquariums. What size tank is that, and what lighting are you using?

...and, OK, I've got to ask. What does"Blumenflucken wahrend der Fahrt verboten" mean? My German was never any good. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i THINK the tow sentances are:

flower picking while driving forbidden

and

coral picking while driving forbidden

but it's been a while since i came home :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking great Paul! I like that you don't have a tank full of rock. The open areas remind me more of a reef. Keep up the good work. I'm going to make it over there one of these days to see your tank in person.

-Reed

·
Registered
822 Posts
thefatman said:
i THINK the tow sentances are:

flower picking while driving forbidden

and

coral picking while driving forbidden

but it's been a while since i came home :)
...See, that's why the State Department doesn't want me working in foreign relations. My guess would have been, "Nose picking while passing gass is strictly forbidden". :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, thanks guys! The tank is a 100 gallon (60x18x20) with a 40 gallon sump. Lighting is 2x250W AB on IceCap ballasts and 2x140W VHO URI actinic on IceCap 430. I can see in the pics that I need to change the AB on the left hand side. It's much more green than the left...

Jeff, the without spending a fortune on it would be the tough part :D.

Jay's got it - Flower picking during the ride is forbidden! (as is coral picking, just ask Cath :D)

Reed, anytime you want to head over, give me a buzz. Look out, though, I may recruit your help in moving the tank down to my basement once it's completed :).

Thanks again!
Paul.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Paul

Your tank is looking awesome. I haven't been down in a while to check it out and I must say, great coloration and growth since I have seen it. You are definately doing something right. Have a magic ingredient I can use? haha

Great looking tank ... keep it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.