The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting Excited... things have been going good... which always isn't good... being very cautious. Too much of a good thing never lasts lol...

Here are some updated pics... I went to the LFS got 6 more pounds of Figi live rock and a rock with two mushrooms on it (sorry i don't know if there are different kinds of mushrooms and or which kinds i have let me know if you want to) I set it all up how i like it so let me know what you think! Oh yeah i was wondering how you guys just get your pictures up so that they are not all thumbnails that have to be opened?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Tank looks GREAT! Use photobucket.com to upload your pics. Then just use a link (insert image) ;)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
noob101 said:
Oh yeah i was wondering how you guys just get your pictures up so that they are not all thumbnails that have to be opened?
I upload my images to my website and then just paste the url in the section that comes up after you click the picture icon. I added this little thing that lets you upload pictures to my site, and then it spits out a URL for that image.

http://www.bigpudd.com/upload

By the way, the tank is looking great.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think at some point I saw a post that someone asked me how my tank test were coming just did some brand new ones this morning and this is what i came up with:

Calcium= 440ppm
KH= 7 degrees or about 125 ppm
PH=8.0
Nitrate= 0
and 1.0225 on the hydrometer

Just added a cleaner shrimp and the local LFS is trying to mate a pair of clownfish for me and also a florencent clown goby will all be in by this weekend!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Guys, I checked out this tank in action today, as well as seeing the introduction of the Skunk Cleaner Shrimp...it looks freaking amazing. The rock formation is beautiful along with the vegetation starting to grow on it. Man did that Cleaner Shrimp go to town!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ahh noob, I was merely pondering a question to myself really. There is a gallery here on our boards which could host your pictures quite nicely. Just go to the main directory and look for the link to the gallery page. At that point, you can set up a spot with 10M storage space. Good luck!

-K

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks I was just wondering since I see most people posting up updated pics on their personal threads. Once I get some fish in the tank (hopefully by thursday or friday) I will take some more pics and put up a full gallery of start to finish (well not totally finished.)
Shrimpy is still doing good eventhough the LFS gave me a bag that had a hole in it lol.
Just alittle Qand A what does everybody feed their cleaner shrimp? I use KENT MARINE: Micro-vert and Chromaplex right now for the mushrooms
I know Mike at the LFS told me what i should use and how often i should use it I was just wondering what everyone on here thought! thanks everybody.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So here are some new pics again!

Above: My new Cleaner shrimp- it was awesome today awhen i got him to eat right out of my finger tips.

PLease let me know if I am wrong but I think these are some zoanthipods they have a Orange center blue and green outlines

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are some new guys!

the first and the last one have one of my skunk cleaning my goby then he headed right next to the feather duster...
Can you guys check out this thread i have alittle question on some feeding proceedures...
http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69149
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts