The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added some updated pics to My Minibow Website and My Minibow blog

There is a full tank pic w/ all the new coral and some closeup coral pics.

If you checkout the website go to the pictures section.

If you checkout the blog click "Continue Reading"

Charles

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks good charles. The frags look I very good! It was good to meet you yesterday and the frag is doing great!

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Dang Charles, I think you are as bad as I am, I am getting into vivariums because Lisa won't let me build another reef tank. (I figure the vivariums and poision dart frogs would work with present equipment. One of the tanks I am building is using that 29 gal we drilled at Don's. I am using the bulkhead fittings for a mister assembly on one, and a waterfall on the other.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
William --- It was very nice meeting and I am glad you could make the meeting. I ment to tell you to put the frag as high up on the reef as possible --- you can't sunburn that one. Glad it's doing good. Definatly get and maintain your calcium levels. If that frag likes everything it's a fairly fast grower.

Ray --- Yea I swore myself off building anymore setups but for some reason I just couldn't help myself.:D And since I really didn't spend any extra money the wife liked the idea even more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Charles
enjoyed the visit
here are two pics for you, the rest will have to wait till tomorrow.
you may be able to copy them from here to your weblog
I gotta catch some zzzzz's

alan

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Alan --- that camera of yours does take some good pics.

I definatly want to get the pic of the fire coral w/ all it's hairs sticking out uploaded to the website and blog.

Thanks for takeing all the good pics.

Will look for the other pics latter tonight.

Charles

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jenn -- do you recognize that Acro ???

It was one of the first corals I bought and I got it from you. When I got it --- it was bright green w/ blue/purple tips. Within 2 weeks it had changed to this brown color. I got it around 10/01/02 and it was much smaller.

Even though it changed to a brown it did grow very well in my main system. Since it was one of the first corals that I actually kept it went into the Nano. I figured the color couldn't get any worse and it's actually a nice looking coral (I'm just not that picky on color)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alan I was able to copy the pics off of this thread --- no problem.

If you want just post the other good pics and I'll get them from here.

Thanks again --- Charles

·
Registered
807 Posts
where did you get that candy cane frag Charles? I want a piece of it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
here are 3 more
alan

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joel -- I got the Candy Cane frag from Imagine Ocean. It was a little 2 polyp frag that nobody wanted and had been sitting around her shop for a couple of months. I got it around Nov. of 2002. Since then it has split numerous times into 8 polyps and still going strong.

Thanks again for the pics Alan

Charles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts