The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an updated pic of my FREE plate coral. I just love this guy! He's, usually, all fat and sassy; I just did a water change a few hours ago so, he's not his normal.

Attachments

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Nice fungia :) Mine sure likes to eat!! I spot feed it sometimes and it swells up nicely......They can grow pretty quickly too.

Nice pic!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I feed him a small piece of krill once a week. I just love Mr. Greenjeans! He's so interesting.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Nice I want one of those but not ready yet

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
what size food do you feed them? smaller or larger than brine?

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
wow! there was one at one of our lfs's that was $60!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
hey kid 55, is that polyp extension normal in plates? how long did it take to get them out that far? mine barely open still. just wondering if yours is common.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feed mine about half a piece of krill once a week. Mr. Greenjean's tentacles are extended all of the time. He loves high flow. I tried to move the flow off of him and he got all sad on me.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
I like yours!! vivid color!!

Mine's just a stubby little plate (short tenticled), but he's still neat to me:

·
Registered
291 Posts
All of these plates make me really sad. For some reason my long tentical plate just died on me. I can't figure out why either. The green color just slowly melted away. Good luck with all yours.....

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
webdr and kid55, those are both short tentacle too right? the long tentacles are much longer arent they almost like a torch or so?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts