The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 90 is up and running. Only real thing that bothers me is the micro bubbles. I put some rock in the sump so they are not as bad but every once in a while I get a burst of them. I was watching the mag 9 and when the bubbles occur its like a little tornado being sucked in the mag. Ideas? I have tried getting decent pics but if I back up to far the tank turns to a bright blue blur and when I get close I only get half the tank. I think I need a camera with a panoramic setting. I also got a new hydrometer(this is a glass one that has a thermometer and the tip reads the salinity and it floats no adding water to check) I checked the other tanks and omg they were at 1.030 so over the last 4 days I have been doing gallon wc with with fresh water and now down to 1.026. Corals have opened big time.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
sound good, how is the mag 9 pulling the water? is it filtered with a giant foam thing or just sitting open in the sump.

If it is just open then get a threaded 90 elbow and point it in a down direction mine sits at like a 45 degree angle and I don't have any problems with micros.

fred

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No foam just sits open. So If I put the elbow peice on there it should help with the microbubbles?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
well it will only help avoid the funnel form where it is drawing the water in because the intake point is lower in the sump. if there are mircos from the skimmer or some thing else then that is another story.
Fred

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definately the mag 9 return causing it. I can hear it sucking and when I looked at it it looks like a little tornado coming from it. It doesn't do it all the time but would like to stop it before the tank is ready for fish and stuff.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I found that increasing the water lvl helps with the tornado, also diverting the flow to the mag with some sort of blockade anything, even a skimmer can do it, but would made mine stress free was to raise the water lvl to the point that the tornado could not form.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are some in my blog. I have yet to get a good one.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
You got the goods on that thing. Where you at now? Just hooking up the sump? Do you have a build thread?

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
You should start a build thread for it. Noone can respond in your blog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts