The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 28 nano drilled added sump protein skimmer phosphate reactor new Ushio20k 150w mh and MP10 ^^

Purple Firefish

New Ushio 20k bulb

Blue Chalice w/ Purple Rim

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea and Japanese Porites

Torch Corals

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you i am finally where i want to be at with my 28 nano.. besides more coral lol and a better protein skimmer... the stock jbj skimmer isnt cutting it. i dont like wooden air stone skimmers

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i didnt say i was on a budget i just said im not forking out 400$ 3/4 of my rent.. for a fish hahaha atleast right now :hammerhead: i forgot how much i hated wooden airstones skimmers.. i was looking at octopus like a little skimmer but the only ones they got are rated for up to a 50g and are like 140bucks or something like that any other "cheaper" brands that will still be fine for my setup? im just trying to get a decent skimmer for my nano.. but if its something like a 30 dollar difference ill just get the Octopus

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some of the pics of equipment / sump / refugium i plan on buying a 20 long from petco while there sale is still in progress adding baffles and making that my sump/refugium any clue when that sale stops?? right now its a little jerry rigged intill i can fix some issues but it does what its supposed to ^^

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any tips on the chalice? i have never owned one but the lfs and the research i did on the www says in halides lower-bottom of tank and shaded if you can? from the pics does it look all right in placement?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts