The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been awhile so I wanted to show off a couple of pics and get some of your guys input/ advice...

First off I cant catch this chromis in my tank! I have tried the trap and food in the net.. So I think my last option is to take all the rock out and get him out of there so I have room for one/two more fish.. Im hoping there will be enough room for a pair of clowns.. I was looking into the black and white ones.

Anyway first pic is of the entire tank. Nothing really to say.

Second one is of my Plate coral that has puffed up to twice his size tonight, from stress? what could cause this??

3rd one is of my newest addition.. I sacked up and got the Mystery I have been talking about, Its picture perfect :banana:

4th pic is of my blastos that I just got done feeding! They are really starting to take off since I began to spot feed them.

5th pic is an update of my little free frag I got. I am hoping it will begin to grow onto the wall of the tank. My LFS has some Xenia on their wall of the tank and it looks great!

Last is of my toadstool and devils hand hanging out on the bottom, they both seem happier on the floor.. Anyone else find this to be true??

Thanks for looking and I would love to hear what you think. Esp. about the clowns and the room I have for fish. And any last min ideas on how to get that chromis out before I tear everything down for this pest..!

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like the rock setup are they glued?
No the LR is just stacked.. only thing I have glued in the tank is mushrooms to rock rubble... Thanks for the compliment. I cant decide if I want this to be my permanent live scape or not..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured I would also list my live stock :

1 watchman goby (very small)
1 greenblue chormis
1 mystery wrasse
1 psychedelic dragonette
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp.
1 fancy brittle star.

Again i want to get the green chromis out and add 1 or a pair of the black and white clowns. Also the fancy brittle star is too big and I am going to take him back and get a smaller, sand shifting star. I also hope to get a pistol shrimp for my watchman gobie to play with.

Does this sound like too much stuff for my tank? I don't want to over load it but again I want to put the capacity of the tank.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It looks great! I'm loving my rsm too! Are you running their filtering media?? I've just removed much of it. Lots of bubbles, but I think it is because the tank is really clean at the moment, so i have the skimmer off - and the bubbles are gone for now.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks great! I'm loving my rsm too! Are you running their filtering media?? I've just removed much of it. Lots of bubbles, but I think it is because the tank is really clean at the moment, so i have the skimmer off - and the bubbles are gone for now.

I had the same problem happen when I took out all the 'stock' media.. I put back the course block. It helped slow down all the movement and reduced the bubbles alot. I also run a strip of Pura pad behind there as well. I think both these reduce the bubbles alot. I run my skimmer 24/7.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That Mystery Wrasse is beautiful!!! We would love one.....just a little too much $$. We're looking at picking up one of ali's exquisit wrasse's.

LOVE your aquascape, tank looks awesome.
Thank you thank you!

The mystery came from Ali.. I figured since I was disappointed in the show and defiantly had extra money cause I saved up for the show and spent only $20, so I went to see Ali and picked this guy up.. I am happy with my purchase and happy that I got it from Ali. I want to get more from him to help support him and his store.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Ive come to a boiling point. Tonight I am gonna take out all my rock and get that D*#m chromis out!! Ill let everyone know how it goes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts