The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do it right the first time:

Go Slow when adding anything to your tank. Overloading a system will just causes problems that will take for ever to fix.

And get a quarrantine tank for any fish you plan to add to your display tank. And use it. Othewise eventually you'll have an "ick" outbreak and many of your treasured fish will die.

If you don't follow these two basic steps there is a 99% chance you will have a problem.

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I am going to try and do this right. I added some more rock tonight its looking good, still have another, oh 30 pounds to add. I love this, this is so much fun!

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I can tell you that this fun doesn't go away. My favorite part of reefkeeping is its "Zen-like" quality. I'm never satisfied with my arrangements, and love moving stuff around every so often to change the look......carefully removing frags is almost like trimming a bonzai tree.

Why are you adding the rock so slowly? I'd add it all at once and get the cycle over with once and for all....

Jodi

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well its coming from my established 25 gallon and I don't want to take to much of it apart at the one time. I have anmones, different corals and fish still in there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looking good, what kind of lighting do you have? Do you have a sump? These I guess you will eventually need more of. That is really nice rock, you are doing it right, just take your time.

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my lighting is going to upgraded. I have 65 watts PC and 120 watts NO. I was thinking or I should say looking at MH 175 watt with 2 65 watt PC's!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds good. While you wait, try and work on a plan for your sump, maybe a 20g wal-mart tank with a Mag 7 or 9.5 to start with. You can get ideas here and make a run to the glass shop and get them to cut you some acrilic dividers to silicone in, use Silicone II, it will hold to glass and is safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.