The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Interesting full tank pic. Seems like one side of tank is lit by a different type of bulb than the other side. I like the blue side better atleast for picture takeing.

Lots of coraline growth.

If your doing regular water changes I wouldn't dose Magnesium. The water changes will take care of that for you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i do have two different bulbs actually theres a 6500k on the yellowish side, 19 watt screw in, i plan on replaceing it with a 10 watt 50-50 screw in, but then the porblem is id be loseing wattage. i switch the bulbs every now and hten, the other ones a 2x9 watt one 65k one actnic 03, so the corals dont miss out on the actnic so much and since i hear frags like 65k better for growing faster i put hte bulb over the frag.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where's the acro?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is that cyanobacteria?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh yeah what are you using for calcium/alkalinity?What brand too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the acros kinda small bud, yeah its cyano, ill get it sorted out, im pretty sure its from fragging too much makeing the corals release chemicals. im dosing with kent calcium and everynow and then kalk, and hoemmade buffer from bakeing soda and washing soda.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Cyano is normally caused by a lack of maturity in the SB as well as excessive nutrients in the system. Fragging and the toxins, that the corals may release, will not cause cyano outbreaks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh. i guess its excess nutrients then, cuz my sandbed is FULL of worms and pods and grammus shrimp which you gave me cyberchef :) anyways, yeah im working on it, waterchanges 2 a week.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
added pics of mikes (kyzen) leather that im babysitting, also a hitchiker from his tank, which is really cool, can someone ID it? not hte cuke, the snail lookin thing it like eats stuff from its mouth and spits it form the topof its shell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts