The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it unreasonable to ask $200 for a 125 gallon reef ready tank? I have had no interest in my tank and I want to get rid of it. The stand needs a few needs hinges and some paint and the tank is perfect. Less than I payed for it. I'll even throw in a MAG 7 pump for a return.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have been looking to upgrade for quite sometime. Any pics? Oh, it would be unreasonable if you jacked up the price!

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
I think it is a good price. How about some pics. I don't need it, I am just saying it sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow for a RR 125, stand and Mag 7 I would say thats a great deal...you may want to raise the price I think you could get $250, hahaha jk that wouldn't go very well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
thefishtank said:
Wow for a RR 125, stand and Mag 7 I would say thats a great deal...you may want to raise the price I think you could get $250, hahaha jk that wouldn't go very well.
That was not nice, you may confuse one whom may be really interested! :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yep I have all ways wanted one. all of my live rock is out of my tank rite now so it would be the perfect time. PM me if you like.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Tank being drilled on end makes it a harder sell. Not everyone has a place for it where one side is against the wall and more specifically has to be the right side. That is the most limiting factor IMO vs. being a stock RR tank.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had it length wise against a wall and I thought it looked fine. The overflow doesnt take up the whole side, so I had rock behoind it and star polyps growing on it. The bottom is drillable so one could move it as they please. All you would need is a bulkhead plug which are widely available.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Could make it a 3 side viewable tank? I love mine but it's a 4 x 2 x 2, I guess 6 feet long might be a bit much for a 3 side V tank.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats how it was set up before I got it. I bet it would rock!

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
3 sides viewable. Probably not the best tank for doing so. Just being 18" wide you'd end up like Troy ( Stucky ) with corals growing onto the sides because of no room to grow outward. Perhaps 3 sides viewable Fish only tank though.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps, I was perfectly happy with it up against the wall uncreatively back-staked

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
I agree that 18" just doesn't cut it for a three sided tank. IMO 24" is the bare minimum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts