The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone, recently (just a couple of hours ago) I was checking my 29g biocube when i flashed my light behind some rocks, to my surprise I found some REALLY small fish fry swimming in a group of at least some 100s!!!!!!!!!!!

my question is, what kind of fish/invertebrate did they come from?

the tank contains: various rock blenny, two arrow crabs, coral banded shrimp, two blue/yellow damsels.

Im pretty sure the ARROW CRABS were mating just a couple of weeks ago, but im really unsure whether they lay eggs or small fry. My second guess are the blenny since I witnessed one of them extremely fat in the last couple of days and now its back to normal, or could it be the damsels?

any comments are welcome, thanks in advance

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, that's a possibility hoof. I know that arrow crabs keep their eggs on them, but how do they babies look when they hatch? the reason im pushing this its because i know they been breeding in the last couple of weeks. hopefully someone will chime in

·
Registered
74 Posts
My arrowcrabs had fry in my old 55 gallon, and they looked like tiny white circles with a very small tail, you could see them releasing from the opened bottom of the arrowcrab. mine all got blown around in the tank however, and my fish decided they were food, the anthias especially

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My arrowcrabs had fry in my old 55 gallon, and they looked like tiny white circles with a very small tail, you could see them releasing from the opened bottom of the arrowcrab. mine all got blown around in the tank however, and my fish decided they were food, the anthias especially
were they swimming or walking the rocks like a normal crab before the got blown up?

also the third picture its the damsels i have thehoof
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/pix of the day marine/POTD SW Arch 200-219/swpotdarch200.htm

rayjay, I actually never thought of that, the thing is that i know they never been there and i havent added any live rock for years...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts