The Reef Tank banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added a 3 in union to the botton of the collection cup of my reef creation protein skimmer. It makes it much better to take apart and clean. Would like to know if any one has done this. RGibson

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No i do not have a picture but here is how it was made. 2-81/4 dia 3/8 thick lids a hole was drill in each one for a 3 in dia thin wall pipe a short 3in thin pipe long enough to go though the lid and allso into the union this was done on both sides. Than the lids were screw back to the cup and to the top of the skimmer. To take the cup off just take the union a part no o rings to deal with. Andy could make one with only one lid. I hope this helps. RGibson

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Sorry, I'm shorthand illiterate. I still don't understand.

Is the gist of what you did involve cutting your skimmer in half and then inserting a union in there?

I'm also confused on whether you are talking about the waste collector vs. skimmer (like Andy). At first I thought you were talking about the waste collector, now I think you are talking about putting a union somewhere on the the top part of the skimmer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No screws

This for the P skimmer if it were built way only one o ring would be used. and you could take the cup off with 1 turn of the hand and the same way back on. And no screws RGibson

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
This is not a pic of a MyReef skimmer, but is this the sort of idea? This is a skimmer that uses a union to attach the cup to the riser.

Jenn

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Jenn, is that mine or is it in yet?
Steve

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
that little skimmer is cute, but this is the baby we were talking about . i believe i got a lot more for my money with the My Reef there doesnt seem to be a comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's not little it's an 8-2. And I have something to compare to because I have a Myreef MR-1 and MR-2 converted to MR-3, EuroReef6-1and soon to have 8-2. Anyway I wasn't trying to get into anything just asking if Jenn had my skimmer yet.
Steve

·
Registered
474 Posts
Also, if anyone is interested I have a leaking MR-3 for sale.
Steve

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
i wasnt trying to get into anything either, but since were into something let me remind you this thread was started as a do it yourself upgrade for a myreef skimmer. i think the picture of the euroreef on this thread was not intended to help describe r gibsons post. if it was my apologies for making the assumption that it was a dig. now can we get off the euroreef BS, AND get back to the original post can we get a pic from you rgibson?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.