The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup. got my water tested. amm-0 trite-0.25 trate-5ppm. sounds pretty good to me. after i got my water tested, i bought some more LR(dont have the doe to buy all at one time) and i was wondering if that would change my readings a bunch. i dont have any fish in there yet, but should i? i am eventually ganna have a reef tank, but i didnt know how to approach purchasing livestock. should i buy fish, then slowly invite the corals, anemones, sponges, and junk like that. i have 16lbs of rock right now, and will even have 30. also, these white specs in my tank, "pods", how do i get rid of them? i no its not bad to have them in there, but there all over the glass. the display tanks in the fish sto i go to does not have them. lastly, how do i post pics. someone told me photobucket, but what the hell is photobucket? thanks to all.

if the olympics were run naked, whites guys would win the hurdles

·
Registered
434 Posts
chandu64 said:
Sup. got my water tested. amm-0 trite-0.25 trate-5ppm. sounds pretty good to me. after i got my water tested, i bought some more LR(dont have the doe to buy all at one time) and i was wondering if that would change my readings a bunch. i dont have any fish in there yet, but should i? i am eventually ganna have a reef tank, but i didnt know how to approach purchasing livestock. should i buy fish, then slowly invite the corals, anemones, sponges, and junk like that. i have 16lbs of rock right now, and will even have 30.
You're OK to keep adding rock over time, but it will probably cause your numbers to spike a little each time depending on how far you have to travel from the LFS (live fish store) and whether it was fully cured when they sold it to you. Get all your rock before you add fish. I agree you should wait until your readings are all three 0's for a week or two before you then add fish.

[/quote]also, these white specs in my tank, "pods", how do i get rid of them? i no its not bad to have them in there, but there all over the glass. the display tanks in the fish sto i go to does not have them. lastly, how do i post pics. someone told me photobucket, but what the hell is photobucket? thanks to all.[/quote]

We'll probably need pics to ID what you're talking about. Photobucket.com is a site where you can post your pictues and then load a link on here to show it, but depending on the size of the original, you may still have to resize it. You can use MS Paint on the start menu and go to Image, then Stretch/Skew and the two places that have 100% you just change them to something smaller like 50%. You must save it and then see how big it is. You must get the file smaller than 1024 x 768. There's also a thread in the begginning of the discussion forum that gives you some more advanced tools to resize. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts