The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved from a 75 to a 125g tank. All of my corals made the move just fine except my Umbrella Leather(foot tall and about 7 inches across). It slumped over for several days and began looking very bad. After a week it stood back up but one edge of the top looks to have died off. The bad edge is much lighter and has no extention. It has a decayed look but is not turning black.

Would I be best to let it be and not stress it further or remove it from the tank, trim off that area and put it back in the tank?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
wow, tough call. softies get moody sometimes. if it does look like it is decaying than i would prolly frag off the bad part and stick it back in. this will not be nearly as stressfull as the tank move. the water quality will be the same when the leather is returned to it. it is not constantly changing like when you moved.

G~

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geoff

Right after I posted this I started see extenion in the broken down area. I decided to take a "Wait and See" stand and give it another day or two. Things are looking better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts