The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was picking off some pesky valonia from a piece of LR over the sink, about 7pm. about noon today was cleaning off some dishes after lunch and what did I find laying in a pool of dirty freshwater on a dinner plate with coffee grounds in it? An astrea snail!! I thought he was a gonner for sure but decided to throw him in the tank anyway, in case a crab wanted his shell or something. not 10 minutes later he is crawling up the glass happliy munching away! I think this guy deserves a rub down after his ordeal. any pointers Jay? I'm not very experienced. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
start at the neck and ummm well maybe the legs, ummm do snails like foot massages?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lolol start at the base of the shell, then slide your fingers up to the tip, while simultaneasly twisting the shell.

this is a two handed job.

btw: must be the week for "snail survivor" on fox....i jsut found a LIVING astrea on my overflow box!!!!!! they've all been dead for over a week 20 out of 20 were gonners!!!!!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol nope only had 20 snails. counted them at the lfs andcounted them when i put them in. and of course coutned them during the massaging incident :)

i never took any of them out though, after they died. i left the shells in for the hermits in case they ever wanted them, plus, the shells looked nice and many had corraline all over them.

apparantly one wasn't dead, merely comotose :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Jay,,,You got the "TOUCH",,,LOL:funny: :funny:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts