The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Retired Wanderer
22,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. Coffee is on.

Got leftover Polish food to eat on break. Amazing kielbasa, potatoes and corn.

Starting a busy workweek, but love my job finally. They seem to appreciate me as well.

Nice to have dry pavement on the way in.

· Administrator
20,813 Posts
Good morning Bro, and a BIG HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

That is magical right there....'loving your job'. (y) Hope that feeling lasts a nice LONG TIME.

Mid 30's heading to the mid 40's, and no rain.....that works.(y)Coffee is up, and probably something Pop Tart'ish for breakfast in a bit. Got a dr's appointment for myself late morning, and Nate has one early afternoon......so the window of opportunity to do things is sorta 'boxed in'. But we shall!

Got a stove that decided to not work in the overnight hours.....need more coffee to look at THAT. It started tripping the GFI outlet for some reason? Thoughts are perhaps a hungry mouse/wire combo may be suspect?

A glorious day to All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys! We all may need that today extra dose of that today. And thanks for the PopTarts, Hack. I’ll add fresh apple muffins on the huge side, and nanners.

Perry, glad to hear that you are enjoying your job! And that management is appreciates you.

Hack, that is too weird about your stove. I think your guess about a hungry mouse is likely. I hope you can get that remedied today. Is that a new stove? I hope all of doctor appointments go well.

I wonder how Rick’s project is going?

Vinnie I hope you’re feeling better today. That is so weird that you had rain and snow yesterday.

Bobbi had a great birthday yesterday. At church during the announcement time the priest gave out kazoos to everyone in the congregation, it’s a very small church, and everybody buzzed out happy birthday. Some folks didn’t remember how to use a kazoo!🤣

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,888 Posts
Morning all I have some big ole muffins with chocolate chips if anyone wants.

Vacation is over so back to work for me. Looking forward to the rest to be honest! The renovation went pretty good Cath. I have some finishing and trim to do but the major stuff is complete. I will post some pics in a bit.

Have a great day all!

· Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Ok Cath. Here is the before picture. Old cupboards from when there was a makeshift kitchen here in the 1940’s. The railing is also only 30” high and the long section has just plywood instead of spindles

Wood Fixture Window Interior design Floor

Property Fixture Window Wood Picture frame

As it stands now. The cupboards are removed along with the old pressboard ceiling tiles. I removed the old railings and boxed the posts to the right height. I saved the original hand rails and cut new spindles then rebuilt it to look original. Still need a bunch of finishing and trim. Going to have the ceiling drywalled next week.

Building Window Wood Architecture Interior design

Wood Fixture Building House Stairs

· Administrator
20,813 Posts
Yeah Pal, you're one up on me.......railing heights? :unsure::sneaky:
NICELY DONE by the way! (y)

Good morning Folks! Always a fan of 'muffins', the bigger the badder THE BETTER'ER! :cool:

Bobbi had a great birthday yesterday. At church during the announcement time the priest gave out kazoos to everyone in the congregation, it’s a very small church, and everybody buzzed out happy birthday. Some folks didn’t remember how to use a kazoo!🤣
Glad to hear that's a 'HAPPY MEMORY' filed away for you Kids.(y)
A 'kazoo'.....is that the same thing as a 'Sweet Potato'? A small horn with a series of holes?
Hack

· Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Nicely done, Rick! What is the correct height for stair rails?
It depends on local codes and the railings use (interior, balcony, deck, etc.) to determine the height Cath. Generally 38" to 42" is the standard. Some are as low as 34" My railings were 30" and that is actually more dangerous than not having them. If you ever fell over them it would pretty much guarantee you would flip over and land head first.

The spindles also need to have a maximum gap which varies by area and use as well. 3 to 4" is common. Mine are 1" spindles with a 2" gap to match the original design.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,956 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Cath we had cold rain and no snow, but I always love that song so I decided it was close enough.

it’s sunny today and warming up. I think I’m getting over this crud. I hope so , just need to get back into the swing of things.
I like my google chrome notebook when it worked without issues. But now every few weeks it locks me out and won’t let me sign in. Even with my password written down so I’m sure I don’t forget it locks me out and I lose everything. It’s pretty much trash as far as I’m concerned. I want to go back to window based system.
Have a great Monday

· Administrator
61,345 Posts
Gppd morning everyone, greetings from the soggy PNW, 40ish and rainy, wind warning till after 10 am. Coffee is on if you need more. Today Furgee is 11 months old, what a big beautiful girl she is getting to be :)
The sweet potato or Ocarina has the holes like a flute where as a Kazoo has a reed structure that converts humming into a variable pitch buzzing, so if you can hum a tune you can play .
Off to the salt mines, Rick project like fabulous :) Have a great day eveyone

· Super Moderator
24,484 Posts
Afternoon all.

Cath, don’t think a kazoo can belt out a song that don’t make ya happy , heheh.

Bouncing around here doing “stuff”,,, a lil shop work, dawg land mine patrol, a extended visit with the parrots with making up new chew /play toys for em,, the “new” grabbed their attention right away,, and expect em to expend energy towards them the rest of the day.

Prob a bit above freezing, but the full sun feels good when outdoors.

Dawgs are lobbying, more like verbally protesting that I feed em,,, gonna try to hold ‘em off until their usual time,,, fingers crossed( like usual they wear me down,, sigh)

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

• Love
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

· Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
There you have it, Hack. Two experts in the field of kazoos. In fact, you were the second person that I talked to today but didn’t know what a kazoo was. They are very fun to play! In fact your family could have your own kazoo band and have a blast! You can buy them for cheap on Amazon.

Rick, I don’t know what the codes are here in Spartanburg, but at the old church that I attend there is a railing that is far too short for the staircase that takes you down to an undercroft. If the railing is so short I would have a hard time holding onto it let alone a normal size adult. 😂 That area is now roped off. 😳

Jeff, have fun with your doggies and your birds!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,956 Posts
Good evening everyone, got out today and went to petco to pick up some frozen brine shrimp and mysis. I had to check on price because it said 18.98 a pack of cubes. It was 9 dollars. Still over priced. I get mysis for 20 dollars a per pound at my regular store
Being first time out and about I didn’t want to over do it.

· Administrator
20,813 Posts
Glad to hear you prancing among the living again Vinnie.....Ouch on those prices though!

And in retrospect Cath, now that I've read the descriptions on kazoos, I've had them round here for parties.....probably Dollar Store varieties though. Glad to hear THAT staircase was identified as DANGEROUS before someone found out the hard way. (y)

Had a full day round here, now nursing FULL BELLIES!
Got to my dr's appointment, and during 'check in' was told "I don't have an appointment today...". Whelp, here's my card folks. "OH.....someone wrote down the wrong date on THAT." :unsure:.....Yeah, someone wrote down the wrong date SOMEWHERE. So I get to do this again at the end of the month. :mad:

Went to Longhorn Steak House on the way home this evening from all our running around......there's a few STUFFED PEOPLE here. Just had my famous '15-minute POWER NAP', and will be putting a movie on soon to finish my nap. :ROFLMAO:

Tootles,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,862 Posts
Hack - I am appalled at that incompetence at that doctors office!😡 I know everybody’s human and can make a mistake, but for crying out loud!

On a happier note ( what a choice of words) you can easily make up your own homemade kazoo out of a comb with wax paper on it. And you just hum on that wax paper.

Have a groovy night, everyone!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts