The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I got my second fish yesterday, and the guy in my LFS said it was the same as the first one I bought, however I noticed that the first fish I got was the true percula and this one is actually the false percula. They do not occur normally in nature. Will they be okay together?

Thanks for you help it is most appreciated

·
The Jack of Trades
682 Posts
If they are juveniles don't sweat it. As long as one is bigger than the other they will be fine. The main thing is they fight among each other for the dominance roll to be the female. This only if they are both the same size that they will act like an arguing couple constantly breaking up and getting back together. If neither chooses to be a female, the next problem is they will be territorial against each other or even better they both stay male and become tank buddies. This are the scenarios you can run into.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you help! I think the new one I got (the false one) is slightly bigger so I am hoping they will be okay. I will wait and see what happens I guess. They are both pretty small just now

·
The Jack of Trades
682 Posts
No problem and good luck. You should be fine for now as they are just in their juvenile stage still have at least a year or so for them to reach adult size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts