The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had added this to a thread but, I thought I would share it in a seperate thread...

The Twelve Steps of Reef Keeping

1. We admitted we were powerless over reef keeping - that our face have become glued to the tank watching every small thing that happens in our tanks.

2. Came to believe that TRT can restore our sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn all of our money and time over to the hobby of reef keeping .

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of how we put our tanks before our families and friends, and can only rejoice in this process by the progress we have made.

5. Admitted to TRT, to ourselves, and to our critters that we know we can’t stop this addiction and will continue to care for our tanks till we are broke.

6. Were entirely ready to have TRT help suggest how we can spend our money. Buy! Buy! Buy!

7. Humbly ask our critters every morning, noon, and night if they need anything and are willing to go to any lengths to make them happy.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and told them that this hobby is a way of life and we need it to function on a daily basis.

9. Made direct amends to all of the critters that we had harmed and vowed to ask everyone in TRT to help us when we need the help making them happy.

10. Continued to take personal inventory of all the jealousy and envy that we have over everyone else’s tanks and then go out and buy bigger and better at any cost.

11. Sought through daily, hourly, and by-the-minute watching of our tanks that we are reaping the rewards no matter the cost and time.

12. Having had an awakening that reef keeping has no price tag, we vow to help others practice and get involved in reef keeping and TRT.

Sheli Jo ‘Petunia’

·
Super Moderator
27,090 Posts
Hehe! Love that 12 step plan, Petunia.

#12 is the perfect excuse for being co-dependent in being a reefer ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's an honest program, it works if you work it.
Another friend of Nemo.
Time for me to do another step 8.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Reef tank Serenity prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the tank I cannot change
Courage to change the aquascape I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts