The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I notice while ago on the edge of my turbo a lump. Figured some kind of deformity. Well the lump is gone and now I found a little snail but it looks nothing like the turbo. It has a white shell that is more pointy. Tried to get a pic but wasn't clear enough to see anything. Besides the turbos I only have two conches. Do you think this little guy came from the lump and what kind of snail does that?

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
they all pretty much try and clean each others shells. ive had small hermits ride the backs of bigger hermits picking stuff off there shell.
turbo's riding turbo's too
could it be a baby astrea snail? usually when snails are wee lil babies their shells can be transparent or very light in color
i have an itty bitty black and white snail that ive been trying to id for months, i ruled out zoa eating snails. so as long as its safe i wouldnt worry
:)

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
when you say turbo, do you mean Astrea? there are these predatory snails that attack astreas. there is also a species that attack Tridacna clams. they are very small bright white and look like ceriths. they are called pyramid snails. very difficult to get rid of.

G~

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LFS said was turbo when I bought them. Huge snails that zoom everywhere. The little snail wasnt riding on it tho. The "lump" was like a cocoon it seems pretty much same color as the rest of the turbo. In any case found the shell this morning apparently the crabs found the little guy and ate him.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
:( awww
i had a bunch of infants the other day, now there all gone :(
someone wiped them out over night
guess he was safe on the turbo's back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts