The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between these two types of protein skimmers. The AquaC is about $17 cheaper, is a HOB type which is good since it will be in my display tank. The Tunze is said to be much quieter which is a big plus because the tank is in my room next to my bed.

I would like some feedback on the two protein skimmers and which one you would choose. I would appreciate unbiased feedback and if you have experience in both skimmers please share.

Thank You

·
Administrator
18,786 Posts
I have the regular Remora (not the nano) and the Urchin which is the insump version of the Remora Pro. I really like both of these skimmers. I have the Remora on my 29 Gallon BioCube.

I've used the Tunze, it's a great product. The thing I like about using the Remora is that it's HOB which means in a cube it doesn't take up room in a chamber other than the pump. Once I replaced my old skimmer with the Remora I was able to use the middle chamber for a small refugium.

So, for your tank I would also suggest a HOB. You don't have much room in a 20gallon tank to take up with a skimmer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts